GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Back Catalogue not free after all?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 19:26
Regular
This is probably old news to you lot, but [URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/n_3467-news.html?af=ur090606&afset=1[/URL]
Sun 12/06/05 at 14:03
Regular
Oxygen is free.
Sat 11/06/05 at 22:51
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Nothing in life is free. Except on some occasions, ice cream.
Sat 11/06/05 at 12:07
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
i dont know why people got the impression the whole back catalogue would be free anyway. as if ninty would just give away all them games, that vendors are still selling in 2nd hand shops. i think its a great idea giving away some of the old classics with new games.
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:29
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Strafio wrote:
> Anysway, it'll only be a matter of time until someone makes program
> to allow them to filetrade between their PC and Revolution, and then
> ROM piracy will hit full swing! :-)

Don't encourage Alfonse..
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:04
Regular
I think that the first level of Pikmin would've made a perfect Demo.
I've not met one person who played through it without being completely hooked.

Anysway, it'll only be a matter of time until someone makes program to allow them to filetrade between their PC and Revolution, and then ROM piracy will hit full swing! :-)
Fri 10/06/05 at 12:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No because Nintendo don't like letting us play unfinished versions of their games, because perhaps it will prejudice us against the game. Although there's nothing to stop EA and the like doing it, which can only be a good thing
Thu 09/06/05 at 23:55
Regular
"hit the road jack"
And they may provide us with demos at long last through download.
Thu 09/06/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Random by default"
In someways this may be better, they could do special releases when they are free at times anyway...but mainly it means the technolgoy/code whatever is there for easy payments etc.
Which could mean other companies may do the same, whilst they may not of liked to if it was for free and the technolgoy code couldnt be added after.
Thu 09/06/05 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh, as great as those Flash screensavers are, I'd rather have a SNES game for free, ta.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:17
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Well as some sort of reward for buying the game.
>
> Like, you buy Metroid Prime Revolution and can download one of the
> NES/SNES titles for free.
>
> That is probably the worst idea ever.

More of an incentive than an interactive desktop which looks like it was drawn in Paint.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.