GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Concert: Limp Bizkit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I just wanted to know who watched the Limp Bizkit concert.Dam that was so cool especially the mosh pit holly [email protected] thought that mtv would blank the swearing out.So who went go watch it live and who watched it on TV
Thu 11/09/03 at 00:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Dringo wrote:
> Jae wrote:
> I watched it on MTV and wow! I thought it was great. Glad I taped it
> so now I can watch it over and over again. :D
>
> 22 minutes before the show starts that frizzy haired woman is
> speaking to the crowd. To the left of the screen there is some guy
> doing the horns before doing some little wave... that person is me.

I was stuck behind the tw@t with the Aus Flag all night.. came very close to inserting it up his rec7um! I touched Mr Durst! (Sad fanboy I know but hey!) Excellent gig...
Wed 10/09/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I liked Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album but I really don't like their new album, Meteora. It's real bad, I listened to it once, never again.

Limp Bizkit, well, I have a couple of their albums which I used to listen to quite often, but I've now realised how annoying Fred Durst is so I don't really listen to them much now.

I used to just buy all that Nu-Metal stuff but I can't be bothered with most of that now, I just buy anything that I like the sound of, regardless of style. Although I did buy a Rammstein album at the weekend, Mutter, which I think is brilliant, I can't understand a word of it, but I like the music.

:)
Wed 10/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> SHEEPY wrote:
> About names
>
> CHESTER
>
> CHESTER BENDERTON
>
> is that the dude from linkin park??
> .. they're also terrible. good videos though....

No way are Linkin Park terrible... top top band.
Wed 10/09/03 at 12:28
Regular
"you've got a beard"
SHEEPY wrote:
> About names
>
> CHESTER
>
> CHESTER BENDERTON

is that the dude from linkin park??
.. they're also terrible. good videos though....
Wed 10/09/03 at 01:04
Regular
Here be my indepth review of the fantastic Limpbizkit concert we all seemed to went too:

What a day in London I was set to have, after visiting a bored man in a box (David Blaine) I nabbed his fallen “Exit” sign and went to Finsbury Park to witness Limp Bizkit’s festival style free live performance. At about 1.20 PM we walked through the gate to Finsbury Park with touts attempted to sell us T-shirts that were actually official just missing a few dates. Armed with my exit sign, my special festival bottle of water and a few mates we waited over an hour for new punks “This Girl” to hit the stage. Um well lets just say I’ve heard better chipmunks. Bottles of pi$$ were thrown on stage for the lead singer to drink half of it and poor the rest over his head… um nice. Although the band did get rather frustrated by the mass of bottles saying it wasn’t “funny anymore”.

As they day dragged on we bore witness to the Scottish Biffy Clyo, who were very nice if not a little ropey in parts… they were obviously suited to their early slot. Inme followed suit, I dreaded them both times I have seen them in the past and this third time was unlikely to be any better. Well it was, they were still a poor live performance but they were far better than their dreadful Carling performance. Inme created quite a buzz yet I still hung back, which would turn out to be a mistake.

The entire set up was like a festival, we had festival stands, some carnival rides that existed at the 2 festivals I’ve been to this year (see other reviews) as well as the same over price food and drinks. Whilst making Pot noodle shrines and booing Alec Zane from MTV for making us all scream “Fu** David Blaine” we waited the first proper support act of the evening… The Cooper Temple Clause. What a strongly disappointing display we were subjected too, I quite enjoy the Cooper’s but they were dreadful, their noise fluctuated, their performance lacked style and even the die hard fans seemed disappointed. I’ve heard they are better live in arena situations and so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Also during the performance I still hung back and snapped my band… what was the point of it, we still had our ticket stub… I’d soon find out.

After stocking up on water and going to the loo, as well as destroying the Pot Noodle shrine… us 4 decided to embark upon the stage to see the great band A. As I approached it became apparent that to get close to the stage you needed to be one of the lucky 10,000 people through the gate with a wristband, and I had broke mine. I tapped it together but the guard wasn’t to be fooled, as well as making me throw away my festival bottle (lasted V2003, Leeds and most of this… may it rest in peace). I didn’t know what to do but my Brother was on the ball, after getting in he approached me over the barrier, past me his wristband and with a bit of covering up I got back in with my Brother’s band (was too loose round his arm you see). I was lucky and I was glad I got in because A was fantastic. Despite a crappy back drop the lead singer managed to make his way through the crowd and start a fight between those who got in the inner section and those who didn’t. He revealed the England score, lost his visor (promising to buy it back on e-bay) and played some of the catchiest tunes to date. He was confused by my “Exit” sign I had nabbed from David Blaine but I was given loads of stickers and badges at the event and I plastered the Exit sign with 4 of the 6 “A” stickers and upon closer inspection he saw the stickers and gave me a thumbs up. A stunning performance, “Nothing” caused a surge of jumping fans as did new song “Good Time” and “Starbucks”… was a great show.

We had to wait an hour for Limp Bizkit to arrive, in the mean time I had made my way to the front and watched a strange MTV presenter present in front of the crowd and me… and I was delighted to see myself live on MTV. The hour ticked by slowly, I edged my way closer to the part of the stage and listened to the various songs hitting the speakers. And at long last the stage went black to reveal the headliners… here was Limp Bizkit (or Limpbizkit as it is now). Fred came on the stage and began with the brand new fantastic single “Eat you Alive”; he dedicated the song to Europe and apologized for being late and jumped above the crowd. I was psyched already this was going to be fantastic. “Hot Dog” the famous F word song came next to hear a cry of jubilation from the crowd. Limpbizkit repeatedly left the stage briefly before coming back on to perform, the next song was My Generation. At one point Fred stopped singing and the crowd did the singing for him “Do you think we can fly? Do you think we can fly? Do you… think we can fly because I do, I do”… he then asked everyone to shush before saying “I hear what you’re saying… but do you know why I said it?” Beautiful, the moshing went mental, I couldn’t help but jump and jump I did. Incredible.

He dedicated the next song to “that b!tch Brittany Spears” who he blamed for a load of bad days before leaping into the energetic Break stuff. He then decided to have a fight with the audience by coming within yards of me and singing above the crowd like he did before. It was the best song to play live because it is such a song to go mental to. The next song had 2 boys and 2 girls get removed from the crowd and be on stage with Fred and co. for the song My Way. It was a great song and the 4 people were the envy of everyone there… especially as one of them was right near me. He then told everyone to “jump” which became a mini song in itself declaring we were all “Fu***** mental”.

New song “Underneath the Gun” was next and was a little disappointing, it sounded nice enough but you could barley hear him. “Nookie” followed and got us back on our feet and then Fred disappeared to see those on the other side of the fence and played a new song and next single… The Who’s cover of “Behind Blue Eyes” a moodier side to Limpbizkit and a nice touch to a mad performance. The song was beautiful but next came fan favourite Mission Impossible theme “Take a look around” it took nearly the whole song for Fred to get to the main stage and lost his shoestrings on the way. He ended his performance with the song line “Now I know why you wanna hate me because hate is the only thing the world has seen lately” it went dark and he said “I wonder if it’s the same reason someone took my shoe strings”. This song featured an explosion that matched the tune towards the end. He returned for a double encore, the first featured a strange choice of Full Nelson complete with fire and then he left again to return for a half hearted solo attempt and “Nevermind” because he promised he’d sing an English girl he dated a song. He ended properly with the classic George Michael cover “Faith” which was all well and good with a mega explosion and deafening firework display.

Sadly the set was very small and there wasn’t much of a farewell… plus we all wanted to hear Rollin’, Rearranged and the brilliant Boiler… nevertheless it was a nice performance, one of the best live bands I ever saw and I cannot wait to see them again.

Here's to the future

Dringo.
Wed 10/09/03 at 00:43
Regular
Jae wrote:
> I watched it on MTV and wow! I thought it was great. Glad I taped it
> so now I can watch it over and over again. :D

22 minutes before the show starts that frizzy haired woman is speaking to the crowd. To the left of the screen there is some guy doing the horns before doing some little wave... that person is me.
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
About names

CHESTER

CHESTER BENDERTON
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I watched it on MTV and wow! I thought it was great. Glad I taped it so now I can watch it over and over again. :D

Oh, and about this Mike Smith/Wes Borland discussion. I agree with Dringo. I think that Wes Borland had better stage presence although Mike Smith outmatches in ability. :) Not by much though. They're both top guitarists. :D
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:39
Regular
I found Wes to be a better guitarist.

Although I dispise Limp Biscuit anyway.
Tue 09/09/03 at 14:51
Regular
He didn't have the stage presence of wes but he outmatched him in ability.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.