GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drop Owen? the answer of England's troubles!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 20:55
Regular
Everywhere across the country people question 'who will partner Owen?' but maybe for once Sven can use these games against -below average- footballing countries to try someone else upfront without Owen? then we will see who will be able to work hard and score good goals rather than someone putting a through ball through to Owen and with a bit of luck he won't scuff it wide (which he does best for Liverpool)
Perhaps Beattie may get a chance to show what he can do with good service, he does the job at saints with the likes of Marsden and Tessem what could he do with Beckham and Gerrard???
Thu 11/09/03 at 22:22
Regular
earnshaw wrote:
> it was lucky for england that the lichestein defenders lost the use of
> their eyes during periods of the game, both goals the players were
> completely UNMARKED can't wait til the dinlas Sven will have his work
> cut-out then!!!

i mean finals (not dinlas) lost the use of my eyes then too!
Thu 11/09/03 at 22:21
Regular
it was lucky for england that the lichestein defenders lost the use of their eyes during periods of the game, both goals the players were completely UNMARKED can't wait til the dinlas Sven will have his work cut-out then!!!
Wed 10/09/03 at 15:56
Regular
"not dead"
I think Owen should leave Liverpool for a team that plays attacking football. If he was living off more than scraps, week in, week out, he'd be a much better player.
Wed 10/09/03 at 12:27
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Bloody hell, Liechtenstein are 66/1 to win at Old trafford.
>
> Worth 50p methinks...

I agree, if my local gambling den of inequity is open when I get home I'll stick a couple of bob on.
Wed 10/09/03 at 11:37
Regular
Bloody hell, Liechtenstein are 66/1 to win at Old trafford.

Worth 50p methinks...
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:55
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Grandprix wrote:
> Why not just go for broke against Liechtenstein and play Owen, Heskey
> and another striker up front? It would certainly be adventurous.

Good call. I think England are starting with Owen, Beattie and Heskey up front, with Gerrard, Beckham and Lampard in midfield. Neville, Terry, Upson and Bridge form the back four.

If we can keep the Liechtensteinians pegged back and dominate the game, the chances are we won't have many rash tackles being committed by our midfield players and the chance of suspension lessens. If we make half time 2-0 up, expect to see Becks and Gerrard replaced.
Tue 09/09/03 at 13:06
"Darkness, always"
Cole is gay. Hargreaves did a sterling job there on saturday, why change it? Pretty much all of the first half play was sent down the left (because beckham spent most of it in central midfield), and Hargreaves kept on running and moving the whole time.
Tue 09/09/03 at 12:40
Regular
liechenstein*
Tue 09/09/03 at 12:39
Regular
Joe Cole might be a good option for the left for the macedonia game, as everyone is crap their we may as well put another flair player on the pitch.
Mon 08/09/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I agree with the initial question, we should drop Owen. I know it is just me but I have never seen anything great in him. Liverpool should flog him as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.