GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That song by A / Limp Bizkit gig summary"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 03:30
Regular
Hi.

I'll start by asking.

"What is the name of the song by A that goes "We've all got our problems"?"

Okay. I got back from Finsbury Park at 1pm exactly. Extremely good day. Got there at around half one and waited for about four hours whilst they set up. Pretty good though, cos we got a decent place, in the most pit too heh. The first band to come on were 'thisGIRL'. Pretty good, if you ask me. They played a few songs. Everybody was throwing bottles at the lead singer. So he said, "If you get your willy (the real word he said is filtered) out an wee into a bottle, throw it up here and I'll drink it!"

That scared them. Not. About 50 bottle of a yellow liquid came flying at him. He picked one up...drunk half and poured the rest over his head. Eurgh.

Next up was Buffy Kyro (I really mispelt that :cD). They rocked too. Crowd was pumped up. Crowd surfing began :cD.

Then we had InMe, who were amazing. Totally cool guys. They played for around half an hour. Next up was the Cooper Temple Clause. I like them, and their most recent live gigs rocked. This one sucked. Ah well.

Then it was A. They rocked too. A band I hated, now I think they rock.

THEN...after lots of MTV interviews, Fred Durst and his boys came out. New guitarist doesn't know how to play some of the songs (like Rollin' and Boiler), so their show was cut to an hour. Still rocked though. Fred Durst came within 5 yards of me, so I should be on TV. YeY. The pyros were like bloody amazing stuff. If you watch it on TV...times the atmosphere by 10 and you can imagine you were there. I was totally into it, for the first time of the time. I was jumping, singing. You name it...I probably...didn't do it. Or something. Gig finished at 10.30pm. Oh, and before I forget. Britney is a beotch (or bitc... for you people); just as Fred Durst.

On the way home, we got on the train and some drunk dudes were having a massive arguement over who is better at maths.

"Oh, didn't you say your parents are away on holiday next week? You gunna have parties?"

"Yes. All my mates are coming over and we're gunna discuss long division and Pi."

Funny actually being there. We all laughed out loud. Me, my bro and this lady without any underwear. And my brother farted. Some kid got off, he had a blond mohecian down his hair. When everyone smelt it, they started making comments about him being a skunk :cD

Genius. And then I got in. Brilliant day. Loved it all. Lots of throwing water and bottles at the people who couldn't get into the mosh pit ;c)
Tue 09/09/03 at 10:22
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> I don't understand...Coopers are an awesome live band.

They're not too good at keeping an outdoor stage. See them at a place like the Academy and they'll blow you away, their music just needs to be contained in a small place for it to sound good, but when they get it right, they're amazing.
Mon 08/09/03 at 21:07
Regular
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> I don't understand...Coopers are an awesome live band.

I heard that too... but lets just say I went to the loo.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:49
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I don't understand...Coopers are an awesome live band.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:41
Regular
:cD Yes. Genius. He talked a lot about being hated, and about how we should like who we are etc.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:14
Regular
Damn straight I did... I thought some of their new songs were alright... Eat You alive as an opener was amazing and he got close to us too.

That black woman with frizzy hair came close to us and filmed just in front of my mates so I was live on MTV.

The new songs they played was Under the Gun, cover of The Who's song "Behind Blue Eyes" (when he left us and went astray to the back) and of course Eat You alive.

Including bonus tracks there is 18 songs on their new album so I'll be picking that up.

"I understand what you're saying... but do you understand why I said it?" - Fred Durst (My Generation)
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:09
Regular
Oh, and I thought Biffy were pretty good.

Hey, I hope you joined in with the "Bizkit Bizkit" chant when they went off stage. And I hope you sang along with the songs. :cD
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> On a brighter note i had a fantastic day, saw david blaine and was
> glad to see alec zane (the mtv dude who kept coming on stage) getting
> booed off.

I had a tanfastic day too. Alec Zane; funny guy. When he said "F U" (replace the F with that filtered word and U with "You"). The crowd really gave him some heat, excellent stuff.

> The song you are reffering to is "good time" and is a great
> song and A were fantastic support, he even acknowledge (pointed and
> stuck his thumb up) my "EXIT" sign i stole from David
> Blaine's: above the below and plastered with the free stickers i got
> there.

Yeah, I got it now. I love it, amazing. A were brilliant, but I wasn't in to it much. I only saw one sign, and that was the 118 118 sign. Which was cool :cD Was it during A that we all shouted something at David Blaine? Again, funny stuff. A spoiled the England score for me though :cP And all for a cheap pop lol.

> I was lucky to get in there, I think only the first 10,000 got a
> wristband allowing them into the main area... well i thought it was
> pointless and snapped it... then i found i needed it to get into the
> main area (dunno why). I panicked and ran about trying to find a way
> in and then my brother who got in came to the edge, past me his
> wristband and I got in.

Yeah, only the first 10,000. I was number 07305, so I was easily in there :c) Lots of people were jumping the barriers, so the mosh pit got a little overcrowded :cP

> Limp Bizkit were amazing, I wasn't a massive fan but I am now... wish
> they had played Boiler and re-arranged mind.

I have always been a mahoosive fan. Even bigger now. I wish they had played Boiler and Rollin'. But, glad they played My Generation (favourite Bizkit song) and My Way.

> Biffy Clyo and that punk band sucked ar$e (Biffy less than) and
> Cooper Temple Clause were a major dissapointment.

TCTC were crap. Surprised me a little, thought they would be better.

> But I only got up to see A and Limp Bizkit anyway as i've seen Inme
> so many times before.

InMe rocked though...but yeah, I see...

ThisGIRL rocked too.

It was worth paying all of nothing just to see the pyros. :cD And Fred Durst came within yards of me! I'm so happy. :cP
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I think the song was "Under the gun"
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Mojojojo wrote:
>Who's the new guitarist then? Last time I saw them they had two replacing >Wes...

I think his name is Mike Smith
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:49
Regular
Inme where far better live than they were at Feeder and the carling weekend but they were still poor...

On a brighter note i had a fantastic day, saw david blaine and was glad to see alec zane (the mtv dude who kept coming on stage) getting booed off.

The song you are reffering to is "good time" and is a great song and A were fantastic support, he even acknowledge (pointed and stuck his thumb up) my "EXIT" sign i stole from David Blaine's: above the below and plastered with the free stickers i got there.

I was lucky to get in there, I think only the first 10,000 got a wristband allowing them into the main area... well i thought it was pointless and snapped it... then i found i needed it to get into the main area (dunno why). I panicked and ran about trying to find a way in and then my brother who got in came to the edge, past me his wristband and I got in.

Limp Bizkit were amazing, I wasn't a massive fan but I am now... wish they had played Boiler and re-arranged mind.

Biffy Clyo and that punk band sucked ar$e (Biffy less than) and Cooper Temple Clause were a major dissapointment.

But I only got up to see A and Limp Bizkit anyway as i've seen Inme so many times before.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.