GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've noticed a few things about ALL of you."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 20:50
Regular
Number one: You all take yourself far too seriously.

A few examples recently. Firstly, my post about Hedfix. That was posted just to contribute with facts towards this post. Before I carry on, I apologise to Hedfix: None of that was meant and it's not entirely you being sad that makes you post so much, and I can see that you just have an entirely different lifestyle to me. None of what I said I meant - well, yeah, I do think you spend a little too long on here - but then that's my opinion, and ifyou like this place so much, don't ever stop because of what people say, stop because of how much enjoyment you get from this place. It's your life and never even take notice of anyone who tries to change you.
But when I posted a certain topic, ONE person picked up the important factor: that thread was intended as a joke. It wasn't a hidden joke that I revealed later - the whole style of that post was comical. I hinted that maybe Hedfix was a piece of computer software. If someone said that about me, I wouldn't do much more than smile. Congratulations to Ineedsleep, the only person who visited that thread who can actually spot jokes and keep level-headed. The rest of you all started rabbiting on like your sweaty little lives depended on it. Desperate to have your say, try and throw in a few insults at me at times. If I had seen this about me - I would laugh and joke about it. If I saw this about someone else - I would laugh and joke about it.
But you lot are all either soo stuck-up or you can't see jokes. But seriously - take a chill pill.

Number Two: You all think more of yourselves than there actually is
In the above thread, it confirmed another thought of mine - you all seem to think that you are all important. Mr. Unknown kernel, I'm looking at you.
During that thread, and elsewhere, you have pointed out my MC Battling thread. Pointed it out in a way that mocks it. You have to air your opinion and think it matters as well. I don't give a sod about you or what you say, or what you think. But, carrying on..

Number Two-B: Your all totally hypocritical
You gave your opinion, and you hate my thread, you find it amusing.
Well, Rap is a part of black culture, and it's something I've grown up with, it's a part of life for me. I feel I have a small flair for it, and whilst not confident enough to publicise myself into the real world, I thought I'd come on here, and mess around with a few other people who might want to try their hand at it. We're not seriously gonna become rap superstars - it's called having a bit of fun.
Also, secondly, it's my taste. You insulting that thread is about as retarded in me saying Xbox is for geeks and Gamecube for colourful little Haribo-filled kids. You can all come on and discuss what guitars you like and put out guitar chords and stuff, and I have no problem with that, if it interests you then by all means try and share your interest. So why do you and a few others (Sexstorm, Blank maybe) insist on still making a fuss over how you feel about it. Why does your opinion veen matter? Okay, I'm all for free speech, but that's not an opinion - it's a moan. An opinion is saying which car you prefer out of two or how you feel about a subject like war or racism - not posting sad little pops at things that you don't like not because they suck but because you can't feel them, you don't understand them. And for that reason, because of who you are, you feel it neccesary to try and make fun. Well stop it. Grow up.

Number Three: You are all two-faced.
I've noticed that most of you can be the nicest so and sos around. Goatboy, the angriest person I know, sometimes shows his soft side and smiles on rare occasions. Yet we've recently seen him threaten beat up the hacker person, with real threats. I can actually see his point there, but that's just a lead-in for the debate.
The main thing is that every user can be nice, can be happy, can be a perfectly kind and friendly person.
Yet when, say, a newbie or a lesser respected Regular emerges into a thread and posts something you disagree with, you don't simply posty your opinion and debate it - instead, you juist decide to insult the person, either by replying in a patronising way and throwing in a few insults or by just taking a pure crack at the person mentioned.
Why?
If everyone here spoke to Smerc the way you speak to Lil Ginge, Smerc'd probably like it here and instead of spamming and annoying you all he'd probably post properly, but because you all take such a bad attitude with you when you meet new people, you scare most people away, so either they develop a bad taste for the forums, or, like Smerc/Shaneo, they decide to come back and annoy you.
Be nice. Pretend everyone is just the same. Stop acting like hard men/total knobs around some people.

If you amended the things I've said, then these forums would be as good as they were a year and a half ago.

And don't point out that most arguments here are based around one person. It's called an example.
Mon 08/09/03 at 10:43
"Darth Vader 3442321"
It is my Shylock speach that I have cunningly crafted to suit the situation.
Mon 08/09/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What does me not wanting to be lumped in with mongers have to do with kicking you in the clackers?
*shrugs*
Alright, if you want me to...
Mon 08/09/03 at 10:02
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:

> I'm sick of this "Oh we're all the same" talk from
> everyone.
> No we're not.

If you kick me in the ghoolies do I not plead, for you to stop,
do I not have dimensions, senses, healthy sized organ and a happy go luck attitude?
Mon 08/09/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
> Be nice. Pretend everyone is just the same. Stop acting like hard
> men/total knobs around some people.

---

Serious point:
Why?
Why should we pretend everyone is the same? It's a harsh fact of life but some people are stupid. Some people are annoying. Some people are nice and some are nasty.
This forum isn't some Watchtower version of life, this is a microcosm of exactly the way this planet works.
I'm sick of this "Oh we're all the same" talk from everyone.
No we're not.
Some people are annoying, irritating mongers that deserve a beating. Like with our hacker friend. That wasn't posturing, if you did something similar to a man in the street, he'd punch you in the face.
So why act differently?
The only thing that's different here is that people feel they have anonymity and can act with impunity.
Not true.
Which is why you get mouthy little geeks that wouldn't dare look up from the ground outside suddenly posture and act mouthy etc because they're sat behind a computer.
I'm exactly the same outside as I am on here, people that know me can tell you that.

"pretend we're all the same"
Not a chance in hell, if you're stupid and make idiotic comments/behaviour then expect to get called on it.
Life's full of meanies that will laugh at you or point out just how retarded some people are.

Consider this forum training for when you leave school.
Mon 08/09/03 at 09:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Me too.
"Angriest person I know"...that's because I post when at work.
You catch me outside of work and I'm a goddamn ray of sunshine.
Mon 08/09/03 at 09:23
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'm probably the; nicest person here, greatest poster, most intelligent and unassumingly modest.

Roffle.
Sun 07/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> I, too, have noticed a few things about ALL of you.....
>
>
> YOU CARE.

maddmun wrote:
> I never noticed this myself. But, then again, I don't really care
> what people think, I don't know you, you don't know me, so, why
> should I care?
Sun 07/09/03 at 17:40
Regular
"8==="
Lil Ginge wrote:
>
> Because my life as a newbie sucked like sour milk thats a month old
> *MEMORANDOM*

Heh. Relgate her back to 'newbie' it's: MemorandUm. :P
Sun 07/09/03 at 17:25
"slightlyshortertagl"
*ahem*
Sun 07/09/03 at 17:25
"slightlyshortertagl"
I, too, have noticed a few things about ALL of you.....

YOU CARE.

hah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.