GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Macedonia vs England - Discussion Thread."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 17:42
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
KO: 6pm

England Team Annouced: James; G Neville, Terry, Campbell, A Cole; Beckham, Lampard, Butt, Hargreaves;
Owen, Rooney.

*Party*
Mon 08/09/03 at 15:44
"Darkness, always"
rabid wrote:
> Beatie cant even get on as a sub frequently so i'd be very surprised
> to see him in the starting 11 just yet.

You're forgetting one thing...

it's Lichtenstein...
Mon 08/09/03 at 15:44
"Darkness, always"
Snipe® wrote:
> Note Gary Neville trying to play the player onside

Whatever takes your mind off Campbell's defensive atrocity. I swear he should be hung by his fists and lashed in public for that. What a twonk.

"Look, da ball is coming to my feet! Better not kick it, the evil FA will conspire to charge me for violent conduct! I must instead hurl my head at the ground-stroking ball wrecklessly like a muppet!"
Sun 07/09/03 at 22:51
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Foreman wrote:

> If I were Erikson I'd start him on Wednesday, with either Owen,
> Rooney or Beattie.

I agree, although i think Owen and Heskey is the likely and preferred pairing that we will see on Weds.

Beatie cant even get on as a sub frequently so i'd be very surprised to see him in the starting 11 just yet.
Sun 07/09/03 at 22:45
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Credit where its due, Hesky made a big difference after he came on, England do seem to play better with a target to hit like a Sherringham type player who can hold the ball up and bring strikers into play, im still not convinced that Hesky is the player were looking for due to being inconsistent and the occasional memory lapse where he seems to forget why god gave him legs but he has done well in recent games.
Sun 07/09/03 at 22:28
Regular
Heskey and Beckham time wasting at the end was great, how much did them macedonias get wound up?
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I wouldn't start with Heskey.

He's alright coming on as a sub if required. He can be a nuisance for defender's, pulling them away and making room for the likes of Owen, Rooney, Scholes et al. but other than that there's not a lot of strategy or thinking to his game.
Sun 07/09/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Heskey should not me under-rated as that's the 6th match I've seen him make a difference.

Okay he doesn't score that many goals, but he helps build the team by holding the ball up, passing it around and wasting time. We were 1-0 down at Half-time, Heskey comes on and we win 2-1.

If I were Erikson I'd start him on Wednesday, with either Owen, Rooney or Beattie.
Sun 07/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ashley wrote:
> Absolu† Neó wrote:
> 2-1!
>
> But I feel it was a dive by Terry, didn't see much contact from the
> defender.
>
> er did you watch the replays? not sure where terry was going with the
> turn, but that was one of the most iron clad penalties i have seen in
> years, nobody complained and that was at 1-1!

Yea he wasn't actually going anywhere but he did get taken down in the box with the trailing leg so it was a penalty.

>
> Er rooneys goal was good team play but possibly the worst piece of
> goalkeeping i have seen, since James scored at the other end (lol).
> He didn't even try if he wan't bribed he was blind or paralysed in
> the left arm.

I thought that to when i saw the replay and saw that he didn't even try to get his hand in the way and if anything pulled it away from the ball. Rooney's goal was good though. At least he did something in that match other than keep giving the ball away with poor first touches.
Sat 06/09/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
It depends what angle you look at the challenge, I did see the reply with the shot from the side/back and it did look like a penalty but I initially saw the shot from the front and it didn't look like he touched him from there.
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:56
Regular
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> 2-1!
>
> But I feel it was a dive by Terry, didn't see much contact from the
> defender.

er did you watch the replays? not sure where terry was going with the turn, but that was one of the most iron clad penalties i have seen in years, nobody complained and that was at 1-1!

Er rooneys goal was good team play but possibly the worst piece of goalkeeping i have seen, since James scored at the other end (lol). He didn't even try if he wan't bribed he was blind or paralysed in the left arm.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.