GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God of War - king size mars bar"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'God of War'.
Fri 17/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
Having been dropped from conversation for quite some time, I thought it was about time this stuff was resurrected. Gamespot rated is highly and IGN put it down as one of the best PS2 games ever, scoring 9.8/10. It would have been nice if its release date had been kept distant from that of Devil May Cry 3 (and perhaps that's why its now been delayed until July), but if you're into that kind of game, then this could be a good year for you.

Anybody else got this game preordered? Along with Final Fantasy XII its a game I've been looking forward to for quite some time, despite the fact that I'm not usually a fan of the slash and manic `em up genre.

Thoughts?
Fri 05/08/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
Puzzles themselves aren't hard.

Finding out that you have a puzzle to solve can be tricky though.

Ah well. Done and dusted... A week ago. Immensly enjoyed it, but f***, that final boss battle! Man, that shizzle was diffizzle!

Also, aren't the extras amazing? I mean, really, supreme. Maybe even God-like.

XD
Fri 05/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
I don't think theres any puzzles of great difficulty after that part anyway so you'll be alright.

Its all part of the challenge. :)
Fri 05/08/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
I've only just bought God of War, and so far it's been money well spent. The game has everthing you could want: good action sequences, excellent cut-scenes and gore, oh so much gore...

Anyway I'm stating to get very annoyed with it due to its "puzzles". It might just be me, maybe I'm not smart, but they're sooooo dificult, I'm only a little way into the game, but it's taken me so long.

For example the one where you have to save the Oracle in Athens, that one took ages and I eventually resorted to a guide book.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
Fri 05/08/05 at 11:55
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> There are some stages later where save points and checkpoints suddenly
> become far more important. As it sounds like you're not quite there
> yet, I won't give it away, but if I say it involves turning things
> with sharp blades and a whole lot of red, then you'll know what I
> mean when you see it.

Heh, the 'sharp blade' mechanisms are really annoying.
Fri 05/08/05 at 08:40
Regular
There are some stages later where save points and checkpoints suddenly become far more important. As it sounds like you're not quite there yet, I won't give it away, but if I say it involves turning things with sharp blades and a whole lot of red, then you'll know what I mean when you see it.
Fri 05/08/05 at 01:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm think I'm up to a similar part, just after the necklace business in the Cliffs of Madness.

I've found that whenever there seems to be a save point for no particular reason, there's generally a very hard platform bit soon after. Nice of them.
Thu 04/08/05 at 22:42
Regular
Or perhaps, more likely, a prequel, given the nature of the ending...
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:08
Regular
Heh, did it first time. Don't know where I was going wrong before.

Anyway, I completed the game today and I have to say, thats the first PS2 game in a while that I've really enjoyed. A fitting end to a great, great game too.

Good to see that they'll be sequel.
Wed 03/08/05 at 15:50
Regular
Ok cheers, I'll give it a bash sometime today.
Wed 03/08/05 at 13:14
Regular
If tis the bit I is thinking uv, then I fell off there as well, but (and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm stating the obvious too much) it was very easy when I used double jump. Lower yourself to the bottom of the rope as far as you can and then swing with circle. At the furthest point on the arc in the direction of the other rope, let go, jump, then double jump, then it should be easy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.