GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God of War - king size mars bar"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'God of War'.
Fri 17/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
Having been dropped from conversation for quite some time, I thought it was about time this stuff was resurrected. Gamespot rated is highly and IGN put it down as one of the best PS2 games ever, scoring 9.8/10. It would have been nice if its release date had been kept distant from that of Devil May Cry 3 (and perhaps that's why its now been delayed until July), but if you're into that kind of game, then this could be a good year for you.

Anybody else got this game preordered? Along with Final Fantasy XII its a game I've been looking forward to for quite some time, despite the fact that I'm not usually a fan of the slash and manic `em up genre.

Thoughts?
Wed 10/08/05 at 11:47
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
Will no one help me!!!

*Stands around whilst a tumbleweed goes past*

Fine, I guess I'll just have to resort to cheats...

*looks at cheat list*

Crap!!! there arn't any!

*cries*
Wed 10/08/05 at 09:21
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
I've just completed God of War and worked out that you could destroy the two statues in the room at Olympus and got the 2nd secret message, but where the hell is the 1st!!!

Any help will be appreciated.
Sat 06/08/05 at 20:28
Regular
Gah, no I don't.

But you get the second key on the Cliffs of Madness, and isn't the Challenge of Atlas on the first level of the temple? You can't go back to the first level can you once you've entered the second? It just tells you 'all that lies back there is what you have conquered'.
Sat 06/08/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
Nope. Didn't find the Atlas one - but if you have a save around there, there was a door that needed both keys.
Sat 06/08/05 at 13:10
Regular
Another thing, y'know in the Challenge of Atlas, where you see a statue of him holding a large ball that you have to release? Well round the back of that statue is an artifact of some kind in a chest (Can't remember what exactly, was it a key shaped in the form of a woman?) and it says 'see if you can find out what they were made for' or something or other.

Well, I never found out what you were suppose to do with them (The second one is found in the Cliff's of Madness by the first save point through a wooden barricade), did anyone find out?
Sat 06/08/05 at 13:00
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Or perhaps, more likely, a prequel, given the nature of the ending...

Theres that movie that you can watch after you complete the game that either is trying to throw you off the actual plot or is actually what the next game is based around.

Anyways, anyone seen the deleted levels movie? I think the idea of having to work you way up to the top of Pandora's Temple would of been a nice addition.
Sat 06/08/05 at 09:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well, now go play it on Hard. Or God Mode, if you can.
Sat 06/08/05 at 03:03
Regular
I caned through GoW over two nights last week. I was annoyed though that I played through it on Normal, and then once when I saved, I noticed it now saved as "Easy". Presumably I must've died a lot and accidentally hit "Yes" to wanting to be demoted to Easy Mode. Damn them.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
ssxpro wrote:
> The extras truly are impressive, I agree, but I'm not looking forward
> to (assuming I get that far) the final boss guy on God mode - could
> in fact be impossible!

I'm not even going to bother.
Fri 05/08/05 at 22:47
Regular
The extras truly are impressive, I agree, but I'm not looking forward to (assuming I get that far) the final boss guy on God mode - could in fact be impossible!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.