GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ALIENWARE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/06/05 at 23:48
Regular
"Gaming Man"
These are properly the best custom build PC's in the world and I am going to get one for my birthday. They are a bit expensive when you customise them, but I think its worth it. Has anyone got one of these amazing machines and what specs?
Im getting one which can run all the lastest games out including BF2, Half-Life 2 etc because the PC I have got now can't even run Pacman LOL.

The LIMITED EDITION Star Wars computer looks sweet!!!!!

Check out the links below.
[URL]http://www.alienware.co.uk/starwars_pages/awswaurora.aspx[/URL]

[URL]http://www.alienware.co.uk/main_gaming.aspx[/URL]
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:35
Regular
So are Alienware PCs.

There are much cheaper places to get a custom-built rig. You'd be pretty daft to go with Alienware.
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:31
Regular
"Gaming Man"
J Nash wrote:

the PC I have got now can't even run Pacman LOL

It was a Joke
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ailenware is such a rip off.

I'll cry when my laptop starts to get old.
I love my laptop.
Sat 18/06/05 at 11:41
Regular
I've been thinking about upgrading, but I dont know if its worth the money, since both intel and amd are planning new products. I bought my system 2 years ago, and it still runs all the games I want to play.

AMD 3000+
512 MB DDR RAM
Radeon 9200 128 MB
120 GB HDD

Should I upgrade? I'm going to university in september, so money is going to be a bit of an issue.
Sat 18/06/05 at 11:21
Regular
the PC I have got now can't even run Pacman LOL.
Sat 18/06/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Gaming Man"
At the moment I have got:

AMD Athlon 64 2600 Processor
512MB of RAM
80GB hardrive
GeForce FX 5600 ultra 256MB graphics card
Sat 18/06/05 at 01:14
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Well unless he gets a 939 then I doubt he'll have rip-roaring gaming anyway.

Obviously the CPU makes a difference. But I would tend to think like them, that getting a 2800+ with a higher graphics card would be a smarter move.
Sat 18/06/05 at 01:09
Regular
who are you
Sat 18/06/05 at 01:08
Regular
"bot"
Poppycock. I upgraded my CPU and noticed an instant improvement in games.
In GPU heavy scenarios, then yes, but that basically means benchmarks like 3DMark and stuff like that that are designed to be graphics intensive. Otherwise, there's AI/physics etc, so the CPU is still extremely important.
Sat 18/06/05 at 01:08
Regular
i'm a nash

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.