GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jeepers Creepers 2! Don't see!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
This film was such a wasted opportunity. At the first hearing of a bunch of kids being stuck on a schoolbus with the creeper just outside the window waiting to feast on them I was thrill. However this feels unfinished!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepers Creepers 2 starts off well. The opening scene is thrilling and exciting, however it slowly goes downhill from there.Firstly, the deaths and the scares. There are hardly any scares. There are a few moments that make you jump if your the scared type but other than that, that is it. But to cover for that in a horror film we can settle for lots of gore. But JC 2 is very limited for a 15. The worst part is a decapitation and that's it. No more! In a horror film you want scares or gore or even both. JC 2 delivers neither.

Next is the fact that most of the teenagers disappear! When the teenagers leave the bus and run half run away and that's the last we see of them. Did they live? Who knows. At one point a guy asks a girl if she thinks his brother made it. But we haven't seen him in the film and don't know.

The deaths are few and poor. In a horror film you'd like to see fun deaths. The funniest is the decapitation but that's the only high point this film reaches. Out of 25 odd people, 10 we lose during the film, 6 die and the rest survive in the most stupid and lucky ways possible. Out of the six that die by the way, 4 are simply grabbed and taken to the skies by the creeper. Where's the gore? Can we see them eat them?

Another problem I felt in the film was that it strangly turned into a predator typr film where instead of the creeper dominating the whole bunch it's mainly a guy protecting the kids by using sharp poles shot out of a powerful gun. The creeper had no problem last film, so why does he now?

But it's not all bad. The creeper is funny with his multiple transforms by borrowing parts from the humans, and the apperance of the guy from the first one is nice. (Yes I know he's dead but it's just in a dream!)

But overall a poor film. 4/10

Wait till Cabin Fever come sout. It looks great. Any info on it and a release would be nice.
Sat 06/09/03 at 01:39
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I might go see it so then I can judge for myself but everyone is saying its poor so it will probably be a watse of money, unless I take a girl with me then who cares if its a poor movie.
Fri 05/09/03 at 22:48
4Father wrote:
> May I recommend Wrong Turn, a brilliant and very original horror-eqsue
> film.

Good choice. Saw that film in the cinema and it was great. Much better than Jeepers Creepers 1; plus, Jeepers Creepers 2 looks crap. Nuff' said!
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:49
Regular
May I recommend Wrong Turn, a brilliant and very original horror-eqsue film that made me jump despite being on the cinema on a date with a gal.

Cabin Fever and May are two forthcoming horror movies that look very promising.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:11
Regular
"I Love 2 rock!"
The only things that make u jump arent the creeper thingy, its when that car explodes and when that farmers holdin creepers knife and it flies out of his hand! the creeper himself is amusing!
Fri 05/09/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Selected"
the tag line for the film should have been

"Because the first one wasn't bad enough"
Fri 05/09/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Selected"
didn't you see the first one? You really expected the sequel to be better?

THIS ISN'T WAYNES WORLD....
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
This film was such a wasted opportunity. At the first hearing of a bunch of kids being stuck on a schoolbus with the creeper just outside the window waiting to feast on them I was thrill. However this feels unfinished!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepers Creepers 2 starts off well. The opening scene is thrilling and exciting, however it slowly goes downhill from there.Firstly, the deaths and the scares. There are hardly any scares. There are a few moments that make you jump if your the scared type but other than that, that is it. But to cover for that in a horror film we can settle for lots of gore. But JC 2 is very limited for a 15. The worst part is a decapitation and that's it. No more! In a horror film you want scares or gore or even both. JC 2 delivers neither.

Next is the fact that most of the teenagers disappear! When the teenagers leave the bus and run half run away and that's the last we see of them. Did they live? Who knows. At one point a guy asks a girl if she thinks his brother made it. But we haven't seen him in the film and don't know.

The deaths are few and poor. In a horror film you'd like to see fun deaths. The funniest is the decapitation but that's the only high point this film reaches. Out of 25 odd people, 10 we lose during the film, 6 die and the rest survive in the most stupid and lucky ways possible. Out of the six that die by the way, 4 are simply grabbed and taken to the skies by the creeper. Where's the gore? Can we see them eat them?

Another problem I felt in the film was that it strangly turned into a predator typr film where instead of the creeper dominating the whole bunch it's mainly a guy protecting the kids by using sharp poles shot out of a powerful gun. The creeper had no problem last film, so why does he now?

But it's not all bad. The creeper is funny with his multiple transforms by borrowing parts from the humans, and the apperance of the guy from the first one is nice. (Yes I know he's dead but it's just in a dream!)

But overall a poor film. 4/10

Wait till Cabin Fever come sout. It looks great. Any info on it and a release would be nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.