GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jeepers Creepers 2! Don't see!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
This film was such a wasted opportunity. At the first hearing of a bunch of kids being stuck on a schoolbus with the creeper just outside the window waiting to feast on them I was thrill. However this feels unfinished!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepers Creepers 2 starts off well. The opening scene is thrilling and exciting, however it slowly goes downhill from there.Firstly, the deaths and the scares. There are hardly any scares. There are a few moments that make you jump if your the scared type but other than that, that is it. But to cover for that in a horror film we can settle for lots of gore. But JC 2 is very limited for a 15. The worst part is a decapitation and that's it. No more! In a horror film you want scares or gore or even both. JC 2 delivers neither.

Next is the fact that most of the teenagers disappear! When the teenagers leave the bus and run half run away and that's the last we see of them. Did they live? Who knows. At one point a guy asks a girl if she thinks his brother made it. But we haven't seen him in the film and don't know.

The deaths are few and poor. In a horror film you'd like to see fun deaths. The funniest is the decapitation but that's the only high point this film reaches. Out of 25 odd people, 10 we lose during the film, 6 die and the rest survive in the most stupid and lucky ways possible. Out of the six that die by the way, 4 are simply grabbed and taken to the skies by the creeper. Where's the gore? Can we see them eat them?

Another problem I felt in the film was that it strangly turned into a predator typr film where instead of the creeper dominating the whole bunch it's mainly a guy protecting the kids by using sharp poles shot out of a powerful gun. The creeper had no problem last film, so why does he now?

But it's not all bad. The creeper is funny with his multiple transforms by borrowing parts from the humans, and the apperance of the guy from the first one is nice. (Yes I know he's dead but it's just in a dream!)

But overall a poor film. 4/10

Wait till Cabin Fever come sout. It looks great. Any info on it and a release would be nice.
Sun 14/09/03 at 19:42
Regular
Cid Vilante wrote:
> From what I remeber it was something like a dream or vision. Had no
> real use to the "plot" though.

Yeah it did...

He warns the girl in her dream/vision and tells her all about the creeper... it is how the kids find out about what it wants to do.

But it's still crap.
Sun 14/09/03 at 18:05
Regular
"Party Hard"
I just went to see it today.

It's a decent attempt at a sequel, in which much effort has been put in to erase the problems of the original, but unfortunately the film creates problems as well.

Virtually every ten minutes most people in the room laughed -for the wrong reasons, of course- and the whole thing got a bit lost towards the end.

As an old fasioned horror movie, which is a reasonable way to spend a Sunday afternoon, Jeepers Creepers 2 is at least enjoyable. Better than I was hoping for from the sequel to one of the silliest horror films to date.

6/10
Sat 13/09/03 at 00:58
Regular
"I'm Great."
From what I remeber it was something like a dream or vision. Had no real use to the "plot" though.

I would advise maybe renting it once it's out just to see if it's worth adding to the second. Personally I don't think it is.
Sat 13/09/03 at 00:53
Regular
"cachoo"
I was going to buy it, only to match it with the first, obviously won't be now.

But in the trailer you see Darry or Derry, whatever his name is, from the first movie. WHY is he in the second one when he had his skin torn off by The Creeper in the first movie? Was it that girl dreaming it or something?
Mon 08/09/03 at 21:13
Regular
Musicmanben wrote:
> The only things that make u jump arent the creeper thingy, its when
> that car explodes and when that farmers holdin creepers knife and it
> flies out of his hand! the creeper himself is amusing!

Yeah the car explosion was the only thing that made me jump...

The first one was naff but not unwatchable... this on the other hand.

The angry father desiring revenge could have been done better.

Crap.

Watch Blackball instead.
Sun 07/09/03 at 18:27
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ghost Killer wrote:
> The worst
> part is a decapitation and that's it. No more!

And people say we're desensitised to violence....
Sat 06/09/03 at 16:35
Regular
"may contain nuts"
I thought the first one was good up until the Creeper grew wings and stuff.

The story seemed to be based around the final scene with the song "jeepers creeper - where'd you get those peepers" could have been much better.
Sat 06/09/03 at 16:26
Regular
"I'm Great."
Enjoyed the first one. Second one is the biggest pile of toss I've seen for a fair while. Funny for all the wrong reasons. Made no sense what so ever with barly any continuation form the fisrt one.
Sat 06/09/03 at 16:20
Regular
"may contain nuts"
The trailer is like an evil version of the Wizard Of Oz, first was a bit of a flop and a sequel cannot be any better.
Sat 06/09/03 at 13:47
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I saw it last night and thought it was an excellent film but look at this diagram i designed: movie movie movie movie ending ending ending. < < < thats what it should have been but instead it went mor like this.
Movie Movie Movie Movie Movie Movie Ending.
It was so unexplained at the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.