GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hurry up 15 mins..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
When will The Darkness fade back to the pub circuit?
When will gullible public realise it's recycled hair-metal from the 1980s, the same as Def Leppard, Tigartailz, Wolfsbane and Hanoi Rocks?

I'm going to put a link to The Darkness covering Street Spirit by Radiohead.
I fully expect a crowd of fashionistas that don't own one single Manowar album to declare it "excellent" and "better than the original"
I will pop this thread at Xmas to remind you that you once liked this band.

www.thedarknessrock.com/mp3/streetspirit.mp3
Fri 05/09/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ironic gay teenwolf maybe.
Fri 05/09/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Maybe they're time-travellers, like Teenwolf?
Fri 05/09/03 at 09:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Say whatever you like about The Streets (I won't knock anyone who can't stand him) but at least he's original, trying something new. When someone comes along in 10 years and starts apeing what he did in an attempt to be ironic, that's when you can start complaining.

And for the record, I listened to a full Darkness song for the first time this morning on the radio (I was ill so I couldn't get up to turn it off). It was rubbish.
Fri 05/09/03 at 09:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You're all quite clearly hommos.
Therefore your opinion is a silly thing, and best left to which white vest you will wear down Old Compton St.
Thank you, drive through.
Fri 05/09/03 at 08:59
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Streets were rather good at Reading too.
Fri 05/09/03 at 02:22
"I love yo... lamp."
The Darkness are OK. Not original but as Meka says, fun.

At least the Darkness are a band, and they play real music on real instruments. That alone deserves going easier on them than say... the Streets.

Hanoi Rocks incidentally have a new video on Kerrang. Don't know if you like them, but you did mention them.
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:45
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Blank wrote:
> You just don't get it Goatboy. You're meant to think "Hang on,
> this lot should be back in..." then realise that the whole
> campness and "wrong era" thing is just part of the show.

Exactly. Heard them for the first time at Reading Festival, now I'm going to buy their album.
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
First time in a whale.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
First time in whole?
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I hate The Streets as well

I was listening to The Bends after this thread for the first time in whole, I was in kitchen and walking back when I heard it kept jumping and skipping. To my amusement (hohoho *pinky in mouth*) it sounded like some recent Radiohead.

hoho

Remarkable

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.