GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hurry up 15 mins..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
When will The Darkness fade back to the pub circuit?
When will gullible public realise it's recycled hair-metal from the 1980s, the same as Def Leppard, Tigartailz, Wolfsbane and Hanoi Rocks?

I'm going to put a link to The Darkness covering Street Spirit by Radiohead.
I fully expect a crowd of fashionistas that don't own one single Manowar album to declare it "excellent" and "better than the original"
I will pop this thread at Xmas to remind you that you once liked this band.

www.thedarknessrock.com/mp3/streetspirit.mp3
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
When will The Darkness fade back to the pub circuit?
When will gullible public realise it's recycled hair-metal from the 1980s, the same as Def Leppard, Tigartailz, Wolfsbane and Hanoi Rocks?

I'm going to put a link to The Darkness covering Street Spirit by Radiohead.
I fully expect a crowd of fashionistas that don't own one single Manowar album to declare it "excellent" and "better than the original"
I will pop this thread at Xmas to remind you that you once liked this band.

www.thedarknessrock.com/mp3/streetspirit.mp3
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:45
Regular
"may contain nuts"
The Darkness seem original to todays generation of rock fans because it isnt something a lot of them have heard unless they browse through the "oldies" section at HMV.

They are copycat 80's metal wannabees with limited talent but still arent BAD like Good Charlotte. I agree with you they are a recycled product of the 80's music scene and anyone around then will recognise that but anyone between 20 and 12 who is into music will probably find them 'original' and declare them "cool" or whatever the buzzword amongst children is today.
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Never heard them, vaguely heard of them, never want to hear them, never want to hear of them again in the press.
Thu 04/09/03 at 16:59
Regular
I really must make an effort to hear a Darkness song to see if they're as bad as you all make out.
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:49
Regular
"may contain nuts"
They aren't "bad" - just old fashioned.
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:58
Regular
Not 'old-fasioned'.

Just bloody awful.
Thu 04/09/03 at 18:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You just don't get it Goatboy. You're meant to think "Hang on, this lot should be back in..." then realise that the whole campness and "wrong era" thing is just part of the show.

Their music is alright, so I don't see how they way they look takes away from that. Yes, the high pitched squealing is overdone, but I still rate them higher than...say the Streets. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, The Streets is an operation completely free of all talent. I wouldn't call it music, because it's just a bare electronic bass beat with someone speaking over the top of it. And what's more the lyrics aren't even well written, and most tracks are about nothing at all.
Thu 04/09/03 at 18:50
Regular
"not dead"
I don't think that there's anything wrong with The Darkness, or The Streets.

In fact, I happen to like them both.

The thing about The Darkness is that they're just a bit of fun. The songs make me smile, what's wrong with that? I'm not proclaiming that they're the future of music, but I am saying that they're fun, and I'm harming no one by listening to them.
Thu 04/09/03 at 19:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Argh

I need to go listen to the original

All my friends like The darkness... i'm bored insulting them.
Thu 04/09/03 at 20:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The Streets is what you'll be looking back on and thinking "What the hell?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.