GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/03 at 19:07
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Ahem... Im appliying for uni for 2004 at the moment, and I have the choice of doing either economics combined with environmental sciences or sociology.

Or I can go down a different route altogether and do social work. The head of a certain social services department has already offered me a post for my placement year and thereafter.I have fairly extensive experience in this line of work, its highly satisfying but the pay leaves a lot to be desired.

Economics on the other hand is also my kind of thing as it involves human interaction, and rationality/irrationality and the money is more attraction.

Any advice, personal experiences with the world of careers welcomed...
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:47
Regular
Don or†ega wrote:
> Still using forms eh?
>
> Done mine entirely electronically. It was even e-mailed direct to
> UCAS!

Tsch, the youth of today!

We had to hand write ours using a quill, and take the parchment on horseback to each settlement individually.
Wed 17/09/03 at 00:20
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Manic Moaner wrote:

>
> Fiddling with margins? Are you printing onto the form?

Yep... They provide you with a stick on sheet that goes through the printer perfectly, then you simply stick it on..
Wed 17/09/03 at 00:18
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Still using forms eh?
>
> Done mine entirely electronically. It was even e-mailed direct to
> UCAS!

Bah! Im doing mine independently though...
Tue 16/09/03 at 15:52
Regular
Still using forms eh?

Done mine entirely electronically. It was even e-mailed direct to UCAS!
Tue 16/09/03 at 14:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Printing onto the form is entirely acceptable.

I would have done it myself, but my printer began to chew up the form DESPITE the edges being secured with a dash of sellotape.

I had a fun time at uni yesterday, my adviser of studies has left, so i had to find out that i had been assigned a new one, i went to the door of my new adviser where a notice said she was away to a conference and that i had been temporarily assigned to someone else. After checking the sheet on my new advisers door, i found that i had not been assigned a new appointment time and didnt have a clue who i was.

Still it turned out alright in the end.
Tue 16/09/03 at 10:56
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> *ELATION!! PURE ELATION!!!!
>
> Ive got my personal statement to fit on the UCAS thingy, after
> extensive streamlining and fiddling around with margins yay!!!!!
>
> If I may say so i believe it to be quite a masterpiece...NOT
>
> as long as it fits dammit!!

Fiddling with margins? Are you printing onto the form?
Tue 16/09/03 at 10:29
Regular
What other UNI's you applying to apart from LSE?
Tue 16/09/03 at 02:34
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
*ELATION!! PURE ELATION!!!!

Ive got my personal statement to fit on the UCAS thingy, after extensive streamlining and fiddling around with margins yay!!!!!

If I may say so i believe it to be quite a masterpiece...NOT

as long as it fits dammit!!
Thu 11/09/03 at 12:55
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Thanks for the insight Kitkat
Wed 10/09/03 at 11:31
Regular
I started a carrer which was totally satisfying but poorly paid...now few years down the line i'm considering re training in something different for the money. Only you can decide and know what you want out of life..for me now its a career with good prospects and pay with good job satisfaction aswell but not necessarily my first choice of job (ie what I was doing) Money is important to me now, I want a house and my hobbies tend to be expensive. Some people are different though and don't worry so much about money, seeing as you mentioned it, I guess its quite important to you too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.