GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghostbusters NTSC versions are region free !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ghostbusters: The Video Game'.
Tue 09/06/09 at 20:16
Regular
"I like turtles"
Source 1

Source 2

Despite Sony securing exclusive early rights for the PS3 version in Europe it appears that Atari are releasing both the North American and apparently Asian (see eBay item no. 200350936134) NTSC versions of Ghostbusters without region protection.These will therefore play perfectly in UK Xbox 360's.It can be ordered for around £32 - £34 delivered from most import sites.Kind of begs the question what the hell Sony are trying to achieve as any 360 owners who want a copy of the game are surely just going to import it ?.
Fri 26/06/09 at 18:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Up to £40 now at all UK retailers now ! :(

Good old rip off Britain !.
Wed 08/07/09 at 12:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have now played both the 360 and PS3 versions of this game.The 360 version does have better graphics but the difference is not massive IMO.Neither version is a technical masterpiece,both suffer from some quite noticeable slowdown when there is a lot going on.On the plus side it does make good use of the Ghostbusters licence and its a fun to play for sure.I would say if you have both consoles and can pick up a 360 version without paying the silly money they are are fetching on eBay,then go for this version.If not,then get it for the PS3.I would give the PS3 version 7/10 and the 360 7.5/10,as I said the difference is not that great.Does look funny when the Sony logo comes up at the start of a 360 game though !.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.