GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One Month On (my website)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Well August has come and gone and my first month of trying to run a half-decent website (www.david99.co.uk) has passed, I'm personally pleased that my site has provided some valauble content to some people...

These figures probably pale into insignificance compared to some of your sites, but it just shows that content rules over design, so don't be put off doing your own site and using Front Page/WYSIWYG editors, not everyone is an expert at HTML etc, however my early New Year's resolution is to burn Front Page on 31st Decmeber 2003 !

August Figures:

Visitors: 858
Unique Visitors: 628
Hits: 16327
Pages: 3455
Bandwidth: 18.99mb

Oh, thanks for all help and suggestions along the way, and thank god for Broadband.
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
phi11ip wrote:
> ...
>
> Just tell me when/if you want to move and I'll create the account for
> you.

Cheers. It'll be sometime within the next 7 days, if I get time - is it alright if I email you? I'll get your address from your site ...
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:16
Regular
"where's my tag?"
phillip, can I sign up please? I'm needing more than 200mb's but I have an idea to use multiple webspace locations for my site, so I'll have my main website (pages) with staghosting, plus a few big files, and the rest of my fat files on various other spaces (I'll just link to them you see). Is this possible? I already have a domain name so I could point it to the staghosting server.
Tue 02/09/03 at 09:17
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
...would you like me to tell you how much bandwidth one of our web servers uses in a month? hehe..... ;-)
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Signups are closed, but I've got a few sites that haven't added their links like they were meant to so I'll just delete them. I've emailed them already and if they wanna ignore me, they can bagger off!

You'll have to pay Freeola to change the DNS and get the form sent off before you can get the hosting. The DNS charge is £3.53 (withholds anger) and you need to ask for them to be changed to:

ns1.staghost.com
ns2.staghost.com

Just tell me when/if you want to move and I'll create the account for you.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:26
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Tom wrote:
> Well, not really - seeing as we're the people who sign everyone up :D
> But thanks for the consideration.

No worries!

> Unfortunately, signups are currently closed, however, while unused
> sites are deleted to make room for new signups. Also, you are aware
> that you need a domain name to be able to sign up, right?

I wasn't aware but I do have timothygriffin.co.uk that I was going to transfer from Freeola anyway.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Timmargh wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> You can FTP in using any connection :)
>
> I'll be signing up shortly then. Do any of you get a bonus of any
> kind if I say you recommended me?

Well, not really - seeing as we're the people who sign everyone up :D But thanks for the consideration.

Unfortunately, signups are currently closed, however, while unused sites are deleted to make room for new signups. Also, you are aware that you need a domain name to be able to sign up, right?
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Tom wrote:
> You can FTP in using any connection :)

I'll be signing up shortly then. Do any of you get a bonus of any kind if I say you recommended me?
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:53
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Timmargh wrote:
> phi11ip - if I sign up to staghosting.com will I be abl to upload my
> site using my current connection (Pipex broadband) or will I have to
> dial into them like I do with Freeola?
>
> I did read their site but couldn't find the relevant info.

You can FTP in using any connection :)
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:39
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I thought it was only the dial-up that gives you unlimted webspace and the broadband 50mb's?
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
phi11ip - if I sign up to staghosting.com will I be abl to upload my site using my current connection (Pipex broadband) or will I have to dial into them like I do with Freeola?

I did read their site but couldn't find the relevant info.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.