GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R Public Beta open at fileplanet."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R.'.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
Thought people might like to give it a whirl. It's the multiplayer beta so some fraggin fun to be had.

[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/fear/signup/[/URL]

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows ® 2000/XP with latest service pack installed
* DirectX(tm) 9.0c
* Pentium ® 4 1.7 Ghz or equivalent
* 1GB RAM
* 128 MB DirectX ® 9.0 Compliant Video Card with hardware T&L and pixel
shader support*
* 3.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
* Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file and saved game
files.
* 16-bit DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX 2.0
* Broadband connection for multiplayer games.
* Mouse & Keyboard
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:34
Regular
I laff.
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:33
Regular
"Touched!"
haha..it says I don't meet the system requirements? Are they taking the mick?
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:29
Regular
"Touched!"
Going to give this a go now. Just got some way better ram delivered today 2 x Corsair 1gb sticks rather than my cheap crucial ram. Looks quality. However a lot of people seem disappointed with it. Hopefully BF2 will be here tomorrow..day off work and on friday..can't wait! :D
Wed 22/06/05 at 08:31
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I found this randomly downloaded onto my computer....spooky. But then I figured out it was my brother :P
Wed 22/06/05 at 01:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
At least it's in there for people to agree or disagree too.

I just played an hour and a bit of it and i have to say i quite like it, it feels very different to CSS and that style of play, it's more like the cheap CS style games for the unreal engine 'Urban combat' or what ever it was called.

The guns i found very easy to get used to and you can kinda see it being something that started off as a console idea, aiming having very little to do with killing people.

The differnt mines and grenades make for an entertaining game as you don't always notice the little mine above you that is quite happily flashing a green light till it's ready to blow your face off.

Movement wise it feels more Quake 3 than anything else the sort of game where you run around and blast everything that moves while jumping to your little bunny hop ass off.

servers are small around 8 people per game but thats because the levels are small at the moment, i would much prefer to play the single player than the multi as the video it shows got me all excited.

Change the graphics options and then click test and it runs a 2 minute in game move with those settings making you want to see the story and get blasting.

My computer handles it easily and when i set it to maxium everything and run the test it makes a recomendation and it said turn up for detail settings (but they where already at max). I can't see anyone with a compatable graphics card not being able to run this well.

It was just a shame about the ping as there was only one european server running and there was only 4 of us so it would be better with 8.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Read their privacy policy.
Regardless of whether you get chosen or not, your personal info will be used for marketing purposes and passed to other "relevant interested parties"
Cue 293884 emails per day and mail to your house from anybody and everybody.

Pfffff
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:54
XD
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:52
Regular
"bot"
o_O
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:49
Regular
I hope those specs go down for the full release.

1 Gig RAM minimum? Kiss my 5-year-old be-hind.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
Thought people might like to give it a whirl. It's the multiplayer beta so some fraggin fun to be had.

[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/fear/signup/[/URL]

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows ® 2000/XP with latest service pack installed
* DirectX(tm) 9.0c
* Pentium ® 4 1.7 Ghz or equivalent
* 1GB RAM
* 128 MB DirectX ® 9.0 Compliant Video Card with hardware T&L and pixel
shader support*
* 3.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
* Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file and saved game
files.
* 16-bit DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX 2.0
* Broadband connection for multiplayer games.
* Mouse & Keyboard

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.