GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R Public Beta open at fileplanet."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R.'.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
Thought people might like to give it a whirl. It's the multiplayer beta so some fraggin fun to be had.

[URL]http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/fear/signup/[/URL]

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows ® 2000/XP with latest service pack installed
* DirectX(tm) 9.0c
* Pentium ® 4 1.7 Ghz or equivalent
* 1GB RAM
* 128 MB DirectX ® 9.0 Compliant Video Card with hardware T&L and pixel
shader support*
* 3.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
* Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file and saved game
files.
* 16-bit DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX 2.0
* Broadband connection for multiplayer games.
* Mouse & Keyboard
Thu 30/06/05 at 23:58
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I spoke to a F.E.A.R QA Lead the other day, and he said it'd run better on 'not so amazing' PC's by the time it's out.

He sucked though... at the MP. He was tactical, to a degree.... but he got owned. I had to show him why the SMG is the best gun and why shotgun asses deserve death. And those stupid crouchers... and bunny hoppers...

Pu&&ies.
Thu 30/06/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Also don't have any performance issues with Source, rarely drop under
> 100 FPS with the average being 120, runs like a dream.

What are your specs? i wanna find out why mine runs so crappy.
Thu 30/06/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Captain to you."
i joined a game for a few minutes yesterday with merm and nash in CSS and it was just Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot.

i don't even aim in source i just spray in their general direction and often i will win the fight.
Thu 30/06/05 at 08:23
Regular
They re-did all the CS: Source hit boxes a while back and I haven't had a problem since.

People think they can open fire and keep it held down whilst doing the same damage as the first bullet they fired and it doesn't work like that. I rarely finish outside of the top 3 on any server I play on simply by taking pot shots semi-automatically to make sure I deal the most damage in a few a shots as possible.

If you are up close then spraying is fine, you will most likely nail em, if you use that tactic in the outside/open environments you will get screwed quickly.

Also don't have any performance issues with Source, rarely drop under 100 FPS with the average being 120, runs like a dream.
Tue 28/06/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Captain to you."
Source is ok looks wise and effects but it's terrible for running well, my computer is still getting pretty low FPS where as BF2 gives me 75-80 most ofthe time CSS is around 20-30.

They should really rework the hit boxes in HL2 and CSS but if they did can you imagine all the CSS players crying about the fact that it's been changed.
Mon 27/06/05 at 14:05
Regular
Well at least someone understands why Source sucks :)
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I did play it at my mates house, and I was quite impressed.

The bulk of my praise is directed towards the hit detection. If you shoot someone, they die. Headshots are definite kills, the Shotgun is as effective as it should be from certain dis**tances. The weight of the guns is also pretty good. The game is fluid, looks great on high settings and plays well. There's a decent s**table of weapons, the controls are fully mapable, the effects are nice, the blood spatter is good and the voice-over is good.

I genuinely think this will be very popular online. You can shoot people for ages in CSS and they don't die... it's not very easy for newbies to get in. Where as F.E.A.R has a solid mechanics foundation that anyone can adapt to. I've shot people in CSS enough times and they haven't died. I think the hit detection, as i've said, it amazing.

I'm sick of games and their poorly coded hit-boxes. Rainbow 3, for example is amazingly popular, but mechanically it's sh*t. The control is clunky, it's full of glitches. Other than a few menu problems, there seems to be very little wrong with the game. I can't wait for the Min game and the Multiplayer should come about around the time that the BF2 craze is cooling down.

Definitely top of my lis**t for PC games followed by B&W II, AOE III and Empire at War.

Should be a good Q3-4 for PC gaming. Plus there's all the 360/PSP business.
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:08
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
MY Cd-Key doesn't actually work.

Not that many things through Bit-Torrent do.

Does anyone have a CD-Key spare. If you don't play it anymore and could let me ([email protected]) have yours, i'd be your friend forever.

Thanks!
Thu 23/06/05 at 22:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
That shows that you really havn't played it enough :P

Thats like hearing 2 seconds of a song and deciding that it's terrible.
Thu 23/06/05 at 21:42
Regular
I got it, installed it, decided it was pants and therefore uninstalled it.

All this in the space of about 2 minutes =D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.