GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back to Vice City"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well since I played San Andreas, I got all in the mood to play Vice City again. Almost forgot how polished the graphics are in this game. ;-) Mind you, SA does point out some faults in the other two. No control of the camera angle, locking onto the right targets is a pain in the backside and of course the area in SA is just so much bigger.

Plus of course you can't swim and stuff in the other two games. Shame they didn't have those faults sorted out from the start. A Florida setting with a big map similar in size to SA woulda been great. ;-)
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its better than GTA3, but there are still some issues. The fear of being anywhere near water grates after awhile cause its instant death. And the shootouts get annoying from the combination of crap targeting system and no way of controlling the camera.

To swing the camera round, you have to stand still, use the right thumbstick (which puts you in first person view), then move in the direction to face that way. Not a wonderful idea when you have several people shooting at you.

Great game though - just hard to go back to those ways when you've been playing San Andreas.
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:06
Regular
"8==="
I dug out GTA 3 a few days ago.

I tried to bust this guy out of jail but finding all the 'lose the police' markers was quite hard, especially as there's no large map to help, it would have been better if I could have lost them through driving skill like in True Crime (which also has a map of the whole game area).

Had to steal 3 cars from 3 different gangs, I got one and spent 30 mins looking for the others. Then I got bored and turned it off.

I really should continue with Morrowind.

Is Vice City much better then? GTA 3 bores the pee out of me.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well since I played San Andreas, I got all in the mood to play Vice City again. Almost forgot how polished the graphics are in this game. ;-) Mind you, SA does point out some faults in the other two. No control of the camera angle, locking onto the right targets is a pain in the backside and of course the area in SA is just so much bigger.

Plus of course you can't swim and stuff in the other two games. Shame they didn't have those faults sorted out from the start. A Florida setting with a big map similar in size to SA woulda been great. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.