GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back to Vice City"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well since I played San Andreas, I got all in the mood to play Vice City again. Almost forgot how polished the graphics are in this game. ;-) Mind you, SA does point out some faults in the other two. No control of the camera angle, locking onto the right targets is a pain in the backside and of course the area in SA is just so much bigger.

Plus of course you can't swim and stuff in the other two games. Shame they didn't have those faults sorted out from the start. A Florida setting with a big map similar in size to SA woulda been great. ;-)
Sat 25/06/05 at 17:19
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Prophet wrote:
> Coming this winter: Grand Theft Auto Vice City - Under Ten's version.
>
> All weapons now shoot water which proves much more effective
> than bullets.
>
> Two months after release Daily Mail fears new version will
> encourage teens to take water guns to the streets.

lol and so fake.
Sat 25/06/05 at 13:12
Regular
"8==="
New 80's playlist to include hits by Wet Wet Wet.
Sat 25/06/05 at 12:11
"Retarded List"
Coming this winter: Grand Theft Auto Vice City - Under Ten's version.

All weapons now shoot water which proves much more effective than bullets.

Two months after release Daily Mail fears new version will encourage teens to take water guns to the streets.
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"8==="
*Shoots Vercetti with water pistol*

*Vercetti dies instantly*
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:12
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've got the urge to get back into Vice City now that I've conquered San Andreas.

Vice City had by far the most character of the three games, and Tommy Vercetti was the epitome of cool. Just a shame that I'll have to avoid water like the plague again.
Fri 24/06/05 at 22:23
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
OddToe wrote:
> GTA3 had that really nice dark gangster/mob feel to it.

San Andreas is great but R* were, I think, a little too ambitious with the size of the playing field. Not that I mind loads of room, but I would like the console to be able to handle it better, without loads of pop-up. Which is why I still reckon GTA3 had the better designed city, and as you say, it did have a really good atmosphere around it, very dark and gritty, just like the criminal underworld.
Fri 24/06/05 at 19:42
Regular
GTA3 had that really nice dark gangster/mob feel to it. Whilst Vice City did not.
Fri 24/06/05 at 18:15
"Retarded List"
Don't know why, but I've always prefered GTA 3 to Vice City. It felt a lot smoother for one thing.

That said however, San Andreas overshadows both nicely.
Wed 22/06/05 at 00:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think GTA3 was better for impact and originaliy etc

Whereas Vice City was the same thing but more boring (in my view). Alas, San Andreas was a vast improvment.

Yeah
Tue 21/06/05 at 23:40
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I heard San Andreas' targeting is much better and I like the sounds of the character development they've implemented.

I still want to get my money's worth out of the double pack before I get San Andreas.

Mabye I'll just trade it for the Halo 2 expansion disc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.