GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"15" TFT equivalent to 17" CRT?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/08/03 at 17:02
Regular
I've recently been looking at some TFT monitors, i currently have a 17" CRT monitor and am wanting to upgrade to a 17" TFT monitor. When lookin on SR it says that a 15" TFT is equal to a 17" CRT monitor, is this true?
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah a decent quality TFT is always going to be better than a CRT but I'd need quite a lot of money to afford a TFT which does the same resolution as my CRTs without masses of lag.

In fact I'm not even sure if that's true.. when you talk TFT money, CRTs become extremely, extremely good.
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
But the point is that you could pay £100 and get a high-spec CRT 17", and to get a TFT to match its spec would probably cost more than twice as much. That's what Turbonutter was saying. I was pointing out that a 15" TFT won't match a 17" CRT for viewable area, which is also true.

What are you disagreeing with?! They're both cold, hard facts!
Sat 30/08/03 at 19:53
Regular
I don't agree with the last posts. In front of me I have a 19" CRT and a 17" TFT - The difference is 1/2" - (they're both DELL's) and I much prefer using the TFT.

Go to PC world (or similar) and see for your self - I would say the TFT is much better...
GWD.
Sat 30/08/03 at 19:09
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Considering a 17" CRT will usually have a visible area of 16" or more, and a 15" TFT will have a visible area of 15", then no.

And like Turbonutter says, the price you pay for the same spec on TFT will be extortionate compared to a good CRT.
Sat 30/08/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er maybe, but I doubt it.

You need to spend a lot on a TFT that matches the specs of a £100 CRT though.
Sat 30/08/03 at 17:02
Regular
I've recently been looking at some TFT monitors, i currently have a 17" CRT monitor and am wanting to upgrade to a 17" TFT monitor. When lookin on SR it says that a 15" TFT is equal to a 17" CRT monitor, is this true?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.