GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Compare and win!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/06/09 at 14:53
Regular
Hey all, for the technical award this week we're going to ask you all to pick two or three things, and compare them against each other - with an overall score and rating etc.

It can be anything "technical", from web browsers, to mobile phones but please try and keep it relevant to Freeola or the Internet in some way. That means no articles on things like the best toaster, please :)

For the rules etc. please see this thread.

(Sorry if you have already started writing a technical post for this week, but you can always save it for next week instead ^_^)
Wed 10/06/09 at 14:38
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
JimTheDog wrote:
> Sorry for taking this thread in a completely different direction
> to the one it intended but.... following on from the MAC v PC
> discussion below:
>
>
> Does anyone know why, whenever you see a laptop or PC on the TV
> or in films, the vast majority of times it's a MAC? Surely MAC
> can't have the advertising rights for all programs, even in the
> UK? Anyone got any ideas/theories as to why this is? it's been
> bugging me for years and if I find the answer then I might stop
> barking at the screen whenever it happens - or, more likely, I'll
> move on to something equally as pedantic.
>
> JTD

Because they are classed as 'pretty' and 'stylish'. Basically, the supposedly arty people who make movies and adverts are Apples key demographic which makes it a perfect fit.
Wed 10/06/09 at 14:55
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> JimTheDog wrote:
> Sorry for taking this thread in a completely different
> direction
> to the one it intended but.... following on from the MAC v PC
> discussion below:
>
>
> Does anyone know why, whenever you see a laptop or PC on the TV
> or in films, the vast majority of times it's a MAC? Surely MAC
> can't have the advertising rights for all programs, even in the
> UK? Anyone got any ideas/theories as to why this is? it's been
> bugging me for years and if I find the answer then I might stop
> barking at the screen whenever it happens - or, more likely,
> I'll
> move on to something equally as pedantic.
>
> JTD
>
> Because they are classed as 'pretty' and 'stylish'. Basically,
> the supposedly arty people who make movies and adverts are Apples
> key demographic which makes it a perfect fit.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well..! I find that people in films living in NYC always have a Mac without fail.

It's either Apple subtly advertising to us all over the years or because film directors are the sorts of people that would use a Mac or be pro-apple, just for opinions' sake.
Wed 10/06/09 at 15:13
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Agree with BML.

MAC's are deemed "sexy", or at least more sexy than a big grey or black box :S

And when choosing to add the "props" into movies/TV etc, it is a conscientious decision by a human....therefore sexy option will win.
Wed 10/06/09 at 17:38
Regular
Yeah! but can a MAC do Freeolas online bingo? can Apple convince the powers at Freeola Towers that Bingo must return? no! not even a super power like Apple have the clout to bring back Bingo be it on a PC or a MAC

Bring back Bingo, wasnt sure where to post the vote bit as this is the only forum I use as I am very shy

Digi (Iam a PC aged over 21 )
Wed 10/06/09 at 18:29
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
All,

OK - I'll buy into the 'pretty' and 'stylish' theory up to a point but it's almost a complete whitewash of MAC's. Surely a producer somewhere will think that a Dell, Sony, HP or even a Compaq would look just as erm.. sexy.. Oh... I see.

Also... I'm sure a MAC would have no problem running Freeola bingo as long as it has an MSIE plug in. I wasn't around for the first showing of FBingo (Fingo?) and am interested to hear more.

JTD
Wed 10/06/09 at 18:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
JimTheDog wrote:
> I wasn't around for the first showing of FBingo (Fingo?) and am >interested to hear more.
> JTD

Bingola?

Well I was not around either when this was happening, so I can only guess. Just create a new thread if you seriously want people to start talking about it Dig. Who knows eh?
Thu 11/06/09 at 09:52
Regular
Ok armbands on I dived into another thread and have posted a new thread it was well scary!

Digi
Thu 11/06/09 at 10:15
Regular
Crunch time today guys! Please have your submissions in by 4:30pm :)
Thu 11/06/09 at 12:54
Regular
fringoola was my submission :-}
Thu 11/06/09 at 13:51
Regular
2 hours 39 mins to go!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.