GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Need A New Graphics Card. Discuss."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/ productspec/productspeccom.php?pcode=ATI9100128MB

Firstly, is that any good?

Y'see, I have no idea when it comes to graphics card's.

Could you recommend any?
For instance, do any of you have a high quality GFX cards that you'd recommend?
Danke.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mr_Writer03 wrote:
> i mean it doesnt exist in 256MB form. its avalible in 128MB sorry for
> the confusion

www.microdirect.co.uk its there on the main page at the moment as its on sale.

Gainward GF FX 5600 256MB FX PowerPack Ultra/780 XP Professional (Dual DVI) 4.0ns DDR (Dual DVI) 4.0ns DDR 8X AGP VIVO DVI £123.38

Maybe thats not a proper FX5600 Ultra, it just had Ultra in its name.
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:36
Regular
"programmers rule!"
i mean it doesnt exist in 256MB form. its avalible in 128MB sorry for the confusion
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:34
Regular
"programmers rule!"
erm...adrian... your wrong about the 5600ULTRA. as far as i know it doesnt exist. if it did i'd buy 1 but i dont think it does. shame because its quite a bit faster than the 5600.
if im wrong can someone please tell me where I could get 1 from
Cheers!
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Oh.

I've deleted it.

Damn.
Sorreh.

I'll try and find it, or I'll get Memo to send me it again.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
VenomByte wrote:
> I haven't installed service back one due to, er, product key 'issues' :)

I've got a program (regards to Memo) that allows you to create a random product key and set it even once you've installed everything etc.

I've got your addy, I'll send it as soon as I find out where the hell I've stored it.
Thu 04/09/03 at 01:19
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Ah, there are always solutions to issues my friend =)

Eclipse...haven't dealt with them for a few years now, only thing I could say is be wary of their support if you need to send something back - much like ebuyer, cheap prices, no service. Friend of mine got an email sent to him about a mouse he returned, which included a bit added by someone inside the company when they sent it to someone else..Some unpleasant comments. There was some legal action against them too a while ago, iirc. Still I ordered a few times without too much fuss, just be wary.
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Their site works fine for me - I ordered £255 worth of upgrades last week.

That was on a comp running win98 SE. On win XP, I can't install Java because I haven't installed service pack one. I haven't installed service back one due to, er, product key 'issues' :)
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I've found a site that sells it.

www.eclipse-computers.com

It was mentioned earlier, I think, but the thing is... it's impossible to order.

The site uses Java as it's shopping cart.
And it's fooked.

So, I've sent them an e-mail.

If it can't be sorted, I've got another site. 5 quid cheaper though.
Mon 01/09/03 at 23:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tyla wrote:
> I really wouldn't bother with the ATi Radeon 9600 Pro, especially as
> the 9500 Pro out does it on all benchmark tests!

But its finding a 9500 Pro. I would agree that the 9500 Pro is better but I havent found many sites that stock it. But if you can find one then and its cheaper or the same as a 9600 Pro then yes get the 9500 Pro instead.
Mon 01/09/03 at 23:06
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I really wouldn't bother with the ATi Radeon 9600 Pro, especially as the 9500 Pro out does it on all benchmark tests!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.