GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So You Can See Mars Tonight..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/03 at 19:31
"Uzi Lover"
As it's the closest it's ever been to the Earth in 60,000 years or something (that's when Cavemen were running around wearing...nothing), but where do I look?

Apparently it was the closest at 10.51am this morning but tonight it is said to be around 2,000 more miles away yet still viewable with the naked eye.

The sky around here was cloudy today but since then it's cleared up a bit which means I have some hope in seeing the Red Planet with my eye balls. Actually, theres a lot of Blue sky. If you live in London or something though you can forget it with all that light and stuff.

But yeah, take a look out tonight and look for something which looks like a red disc and if you see it, thats Mars.

My pants are already down.

And I'm not a geek head.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:09
"Uzi Lover"
Testicles.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Remember me?"
Bolloch

(that's Welsh :D)
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:13
"Uzi Lover"
Anyone know how big it's suppose to be up there in our skies? I know its 145 times away then we are from the Moon but then again, Mars is bigger then the Moon.

Hairy Testes.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I can use up my remaining 5 exposures on mars.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:19
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Not me? :(
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Not me? :(

*Exposes himself to Memo*
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:21
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
HURREY!
Wed 27/08/03 at 21:13
I have seen it almost every day for the last 2 weeks.
Was i ment too?
Ya know camping in an open field and living by a dark park and open lake i could see it, it's directly out of my window.
It looks like a tennis ball, but a copper sort of color.
Wed 27/08/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
phi11ip wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> Here's hoping the next time we see it, it's the manned mission
> relaying pictures back to Earth.
>
> I just hope they don't come back with anything...
>
> That's a major problem. If they bring back any bacteria from Mars, it
> could, and I mean it as being very possible, kill everybody.
>
> So next time you think of going into space, think again.

Which is why, oh sceptic, NASA quarantines all personnel who return from Space Missions until they're given the all clear, and Shuttles/Equipment are sterilised as a matter of routine.

This isn't going to be Species 2 you know....
Wed 27/08/03 at 21:52
"Uzi Lover"
Me and my Sister went out and looked but couldn't see anything. However, we did see a moving star which had a tint of yellow in colour and was moving at a very fast rate. Also it was extremely high up yet looked the same size as a star.

We then saw a Plane and it was white in line and was flashing, we saw two planes in fact. What was the first moving light? Hmmmm it disapeared after going through some clouds.

Anyway, soon I am going to the Seafront whcih is down the road so I can have a good view of the south-east. Mars is aparently 22 degrees above the horizon in the south/south east, so technically I can't see it here because of houses obstructing the way. But I am going to one of the most South-Eastern tips of Essex which looks out to pretty much open sea. I live by the seasssssssside muuummmmmmy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.