GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So You Can See Mars Tonight..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/03 at 19:31
"Uzi Lover"
As it's the closest it's ever been to the Earth in 60,000 years or something (that's when Cavemen were running around wearing...nothing), but where do I look?

Apparently it was the closest at 10.51am this morning but tonight it is said to be around 2,000 more miles away yet still viewable with the naked eye.

The sky around here was cloudy today but since then it's cleared up a bit which means I have some hope in seeing the Red Planet with my eye balls. Actually, theres a lot of Blue sky. If you live in London or something though you can forget it with all that light and stuff.

But yeah, take a look out tonight and look for something which looks like a red disc and if you see it, thats Mars.

My pants are already down.

And I'm not a geek head.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:31
"Uzi Lover"
As it's the closest it's ever been to the Earth in 60,000 years or something (that's when Cavemen were running around wearing...nothing), but where do I look?

Apparently it was the closest at 10.51am this morning but tonight it is said to be around 2,000 more miles away yet still viewable with the naked eye.

The sky around here was cloudy today but since then it's cleared up a bit which means I have some hope in seeing the Red Planet with my eye balls. Actually, theres a lot of Blue sky. If you live in London or something though you can forget it with all that light and stuff.

But yeah, take a look out tonight and look for something which looks like a red disc and if you see it, thats Mars.

My pants are already down.

And I'm not a geek head.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'll be staring up into the sky with binoculars looking for it tonight :)

Here's hoping the next time we see it, it's the manned mission relaying pictures back to Earth.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:36
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I've got the binoculars at the ready!
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:37
"Uzi Lover"
Do you have any idea where you are suppose to be looking?
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
South east
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:39
"Uzi Lover"
Thanks, now I won't be looking up, spinning rounding circles making me dizzy.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
If you get a clear sky Mars will stick out like a sore thumb
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Whenever something good happens like this, it usually means that you won't have a clear sky to see.

You are supposed to look South East to see Mars, but which way is South East?
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Belldandy wrote:
> Here's hoping the next time we see it, it's the manned mission
> relaying pictures back to Earth.

I just hope they don't come back with anything...

That's a major problem. If they bring back any bacteria from Mars, it could, and I mean it as being very possible, kill everybody.

So next time you think of going into space, think again.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
MWA said balls. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.