GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So You Can See Mars Tonight..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/03 at 19:31
"Uzi Lover"
As it's the closest it's ever been to the Earth in 60,000 years or something (that's when Cavemen were running around wearing...nothing), but where do I look?

Apparently it was the closest at 10.51am this morning but tonight it is said to be around 2,000 more miles away yet still viewable with the naked eye.

The sky around here was cloudy today but since then it's cleared up a bit which means I have some hope in seeing the Red Planet with my eye balls. Actually, theres a lot of Blue sky. If you live in London or something though you can forget it with all that light and stuff.

But yeah, take a look out tonight and look for something which looks like a red disc and if you see it, thats Mars.

My pants are already down.

And I'm not a geek head.
Thu 28/08/03 at 11:48
"Uzi Lover"
Kyz wrote:
> Has anyone made a "uranus" joke yet?

No, go on...
Thu 28/08/03 at 11:47
Regular
"118 118"
Has anyone made a "uranus" joke yet?
Thu 28/08/03 at 11:43
"Uzi Lover"
So, I saw Mars. Pretty cool.

I went to the Beach where this guy was looking too and I saw that Plough thing aswell. So many stars where I was at that beach. Mars stuck out like a sore thumb and with binoculars I swear I could see the Polar ice caps and everything. The shape of the planet was so round like a big ball.

Got home and it turns out you can see it there too. But going to the beach was nice just to see all the other stars. My Dad got out the telescope to hopefully get a mega view of the Planet if the Binoculars were doing good. He was crap, but in the end I managed to get it on the scope. Bloody cheap thing from Argos though was crap, the focus was so pants it was just blue blur?!?

Anyway, I saw a shooting star while gazing up, I love those things. It looked totally like something supernatural as I've seen a shooting star before and it didn't do that. A white light which shot from one side of the sky to the other, it was a massive distance, giving off a long streak. Nice sight.
Thu 28/08/03 at 02:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Cowers*
Thu 28/08/03 at 02:01
Regular
"cachoo"
*stares*
Thu 28/08/03 at 01:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ms NY wrote:
> I wish I had the strongest blow in the world.

*chuckles*
Thu 28/08/03 at 01:31
Regular
"cachoo"
Damn. Every half hour or so I keep popping outside to see it, but those God damn clouds are in the way. I wanna pop those clouds. I wish I could blow them. I wish I had the strongest blow in the world. Imagine that. Being able to blow clouds out the way. Wow.

Oooooh damn you. I'm not waiting til 2287 til the next sighting damn you.
Wed 27/08/03 at 22:31
Damn i bollocked the page up.

If you want to see the picture here is my addy for messenger:

[email protected]

But to be honest it just looks like a white dot in the middle of the screen.
You kinda have to be here for the experience.
Wed 27/08/03 at 22:21
Look in the middle of that big black squar, there is a little dot, that is mars.

It looks smaller in the picture then what i see it as.
Wed 27/08/03 at 22:19
Im trying ts site for ya to look at.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.