GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Pre-Order Great...But!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/02/01 at 21:20
Regular
Like everything else Nintendo do are they leaving it too late? I mean the N64 took 2nd place to the PSX because, althoughthe main reason was games, it was out second and people were ready for a new console about 1 year before it was released so the money was there. I just think that although Nintendo are planning well theie dead lines will suffer because of it! I don'twant them to fail but I think that they could see another N64 path here and if it goes that way then only the rumored cheap prices and the GBA link up will save them!

-R:X-
Fri 23/02/01 at 21:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Like everything else Nintendo do are they leaving it too late? I mean the N64 took 2nd place to the PSX because, althoughthe main reason was games, it was out second and people were ready for a new console about 1 year before it was released so the money was there. I just think that although Nintendo are planning well theie dead lines will suffer because of it! I don'twant them to fail but I think that they could see another N64 path here and if it goes that way then only the rumored cheap prices and the GBA link up will save them!

-R:X-
Fri 23/02/01 at 21:48
I think Nintendo are doing fine, theyre concentrating on the GameBoyAdvance(GBA) Primarily this year...as this will no doubt provide the company with security, after all the GameBoy is the worlds most popular console! Meaning Nintendo will surely be around for another 10 years, even if the Gamecube is not a success!

The Gamecube will eventually be released when Nintendo is ready... The Japanese love Nintendo, and Hate Microsoft so itll sell well where it matters most Japan!
This means itll get the best Japanese developers working on Gamecube games, Namco, Capcom, Sega, Square will all be using their tallents to make the Gamecube a reality. These companies will want this to happen primarily because itll feed the sucess of GBA, which is good for them as they only have to rework their old classic titles for the GBA...easy money!

Also Sony is vunerable due to the number of Faulty PS2 units it shifted...look at the PS2 forum, half the posts are about PS2 faults..which hardly gives anyone confidence in Sony. Even Sega didnt have any problems with their machine!

Why is my PS2 scratching up my games, or producing a Greenscreen output with a scart lead!

Are all comments that have hurt Sony!

Dont misunderstand the PS2 will recover from its Shakey start, but Nintendo are safe because of the GBA and feeding off this Nintendo will continue to be a major player in the games industry!

Bear in mind, the PS2 will be attacked on all sides at the low (by Gamecube) and high end (by X-box) of the games market! Meaning Sony will have to tread carefully too.

Hopefully all the major players will survive, all of them will produce great games and we will be happy gamers as a result.

As for Sega who have droped out of the hardware race, well Sega I believe will be a major success whatever happens, they have so many top quality arcade games from the last decade just waiting to make money (On the PS1, PS2, GBA, Gamecube and X-box)...good news for us surely!

I want to see all the VirtuaCop and House of the Dead games move to PS1, and PS2...please!
Fri 23/02/01 at 23:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I didn't think that Square were having anything to do with the X-Box, Hiro doesn't either apparantly and the bosses at Nintendo agree with him I think!

Anyway, I agree with you mate, I just think that Maybe....a hell forget it, can't remember what I was going to put anyway.

BGB
Sat 24/02/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Big George that won't win gameaday, it is too long, my reviews will win, I soooo want to win, I bet I will!

Dave
Sat 24/02/01 at 19:26
Regular
Stop moaning Dave! It's great fun being on here, and if you are only here to win, you shouldn't be here at all!
Sat 24/02/01 at 19:36
Regular
Woah what is this dave? Childish mess about again?
Sat 24/02/01 at 20:42
Regular
Nintendo leaving it late... No Nintendo were forced to bring out a new console because of the PS2 and unlike playstation Nintendo's best games will appear right from the start so we don't have to wait for them. More importantly Nintendo have gained alot of ground reacently so more die hard fans will wait also the Gamecube is looking more adult with tonnes of adult games announced and on top of all that have you seen how popular the gamecube is in all the forums and that even PS fans give good old ninty respect.

The PS2 isn't doing as well as expected in Japan, Sega have flopped and the x-box has been rejected in the land of the rising sun already so what are the japanese waiting for?

GAMECUBE!!!!!!!!
Sat 24/02/01 at 22:31
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I bet I'm gonna win gameaday, I wrote a post over 2 lines!
Mon 26/02/01 at 09:00
Regular
"not dead"
New Jimmy wrote:
>Dont misunderstand the PS2 will recover from its Shakey start,

By capitalising the 'S' in the word 'Shakey' I assume that you're refering to the great 'Shakin' Stevens?

I wasn't aware that he had anything to do with the launch.

If so, shouldn't the CD tray reside behind a 'Green Door'? ;-p
Fri 06/04/01 at 00:59
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Dave The Prankster wrote:

>Big George that won't win gameaday, it is too long, my reviews will win, I soooo want to win, I bet I will!

Dave

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.......'Dave'....Ha ha ha ha ha ha....

I WISH I WAS THE LEADER OF A GANG!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.