GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do my CD's always skip?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/03 at 14:42
Regular
Whenever I burn MP3's on to a CD they always play ok on my stereo in my house but skip on the CD player in my car and it drives me crazy(excuse the pun)!
I use pretty cheap CD's for copying (jungle.com) and I think this could be the reason why.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can you suggest good quality, yet cheap CD's I could use for copying? Or do you have an alternative solution to this problem?

Please help.....cheers!!

Ell.
Thu 28/08/03 at 11:04
Regular
"It's been a while.."
SIlverMerc you are back. How you been?
Thu 28/08/03 at 09:56
Regular
So you did Dark Mark, you really are a comedy genius.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Remember me?"
I already told you the answer to this in the XBox forum when you foolishly posted this thread there.
Wed 27/08/03 at 17:23
"I love yo... lamp."
1x speed is better, a master burn if you will.

However do you get skipping with normal CDs? Because if you do then it is the stereo. If not it still could be the stereo, but being incompatible with CD-Rs. You could also try a lens cleaner.
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Pun?
Wed 27/08/03 at 15:57
Regular
Thanks Clazon, I'm gonna try it at a slower speed...if after that it still does not work I think I might try the old baseball bat to the stereo technique!

Ell.
Wed 27/08/03 at 15:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i doubt buying higher quality cds will help. theres very little difference among them. hedfix is right. if you have reading problems, slowing down the write speed helps alot with music, other things dont really need it. if youre burning from kazaa you might have a bad copy of the song anyway.
Wed 27/08/03 at 15:36
Regular
errrr, ok.
Wed 27/08/03 at 15:29
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Ell188 wrote:
> SilverMerc? Oh, go on then Mr Black Demon please enlighten me.

Wouldn't you like to know? I know i'm right, you know i'm right, J Savo.
Wed 27/08/03 at 15:28
Regular
Thanks for your help Hedfix, I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
Ell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.