GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rumour has it........................"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/02/01 at 13:57
Regular
Rumour has it that Sony are realesing PLAYSTATION 3 just after the launch of X-BOX so this means that sony are going back on their word "that PS2 is FIVE YEARS future proof" meaning that PS3 was supposed to come out in about 2004/2005. This shows that X-box is going to kill Ps2 and now we can go on and under estimate the power of PLAYTATION. And I'm saving up to get myself an X-box come next year and is it true that you can play dreamcast games on the X-box? And if this rumour is true, anyone getting a PLAYSTATION 3 must be out of their mind.

Do not over estimate the power of PLAYSTATION and

DO not under estimate the power of Bill Gates....
Fri 09/03/01 at 16:20
Regular
"MSR Rules"
It's funny reading this post. I remember reading the same thing when the PS2 was iminent.

Blah Blah the PS2 can do this... the PS2 can do that.

It didn't matter one bit as people just bought what they want.

THe X-Box will be good, the GC will be good. I just hope one of these two slows down the Sony stranglehold they have on the industry.

Sony deserved it with the PS1 but IMHO i dont think they have with the PS2.

I was standing in Special Reserve (Basildon) watching MOTO thingy on the PS2 and a guy playing Sega Rally 2.

Amazing...... in quality and speed they looked the same.

I was surprised for a new machine and new game.

Thu 08/03/01 at 19:54
"High polygon count"
> Well MGS-X is Metal Gear Solid 2+ Xtras!!!!

No-one knows for sure, except Konami, and they're not saying.

> >Over 300 for PS2 - not that it's really relevant!<
> Then where are tha games.

In development.
Thu 08/03/01 at 19:04
Regular
Well MGS-X is Metal Gear Solid 2+ Xtras!!!!
Get it!!!!!!!!!!!
>Over 300 for PS2 - not that it's really relevant!<
Then where are tha games.
Thu 08/03/01 at 19:01
Regular
I think Its fair fo the Americans to get it first as for once the Japanese are not going to get it first,look what they did to our Ps2s.
Thu 08/03/01 at 18:43
"High polygon count"
> X-box has over 150 developers making games for it

Over 300 for PS2 - not that it's really relevant!

> MGS2 sons of liberty and even the creator of MGS2 said that it will
> look better on the X-box than the PS2 as the X-box is more powerful.

How many times... MGS2 has NOT been announced for Xbox yet. There IS a version called MGS-X planned, but it is NOT MGS2.

> Correct me if
> I'm wrong but rumour has it that there will be a simultaneuos launch
> of the Xbox in europe, US and Japan.

You're wrong.

See http://special.reserve.co.uk /news/story.php?id=583
Thu 08/03/01 at 17:19
Regular
My friend as you say is getting the next best thing which is the X-box and I'm pretty sure that he is going to do that. Look at it this way: X-box has over 150 developers making games for it, most of the best will have sequels in it for example Resident Evil 4 and MGS2 sons of liberty and even the creator of MGS2 said that it will look better on the X-box than the PS2 as the X-box is more powerful. And its not like this games are going to come out earlier for Ps2 for example MGS2 is coming out on Feb 2002 and probably the X-box will have been released so are games like Resident Evil 4. I have a Ps2 but it is only for keeping me until the X-box comes out. Even look at the Hard drive that is being made for the Ps2 is just a rip-off as the X-box is going to have it built in.

Correct me if I'm wrong but rumour has it that there will be a simultaneuos launch of the Xbox in europe, US and Japan. One thing I'm backing the Xbox is that For once we have a none Japanese console whereby they get the games a year before us for example SFEX3
Mon 05/03/01 at 09:48
"High polygon count"
PS2 CAN hit 75 million polys, but only in 'raw' form, with no effects turned on.

As you say, 20 million is the most anyone's getting out of it so far (GT3), but that's a long way ahead of any *currently available* system.

Of course it will be beaten, but then that's progress. If you keep waiting for the 'next best thing', you'll never buy anything! :-)
Mon 05/03/01 at 01:09
Regular
PS2 cant hit 75 million pps. nothing on the system is hitting over 20 million. and why the hell is anyone talking about ps3?! did it come direct from sony?! cos that would just be stupid........
Sun 04/03/01 at 19:31
Regular
Rumour also has it that Playstation 3 can only hold 75 million polygons per second and that is far less than the X-box and is the same as the PS2 but I'm sure that sony's going to do something about it.

I said cube instead of X-box thats why I had to send 2 messages though also the game cube can also hold more polygons than this
Sun 04/03/01 at 19:29
Regular
Rumour also has it that Playstation 3 can only hold 75 million polygons per second and that is far less than the cube and is the same as the PS2 but I'm sure that sony's going to do something about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.