GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rumour has it........................"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/02/01 at 13:57
Regular
Rumour has it that Sony are realesing PLAYSTATION 3 just after the launch of X-BOX so this means that sony are going back on their word "that PS2 is FIVE YEARS future proof" meaning that PS3 was supposed to come out in about 2004/2005. This shows that X-box is going to kill Ps2 and now we can go on and under estimate the power of PLAYTATION. And I'm saving up to get myself an X-box come next year and is it true that you can play dreamcast games on the X-box? And if this rumour is true, anyone getting a PLAYSTATION 3 must be out of their mind.

Do not over estimate the power of PLAYSTATION and

DO not under estimate the power of Bill Gates....
Fri 23/02/01 at 13:57
Regular
Rumour has it that Sony are realesing PLAYSTATION 3 just after the launch of X-BOX so this means that sony are going back on their word "that PS2 is FIVE YEARS future proof" meaning that PS3 was supposed to come out in about 2004/2005. This shows that X-box is going to kill Ps2 and now we can go on and under estimate the power of PLAYTATION. And I'm saving up to get myself an X-box come next year and is it true that you can play dreamcast games on the X-box? And if this rumour is true, anyone getting a PLAYSTATION 3 must be out of their mind.

Do not over estimate the power of PLAYSTATION and

DO not under estimate the power of Bill Gates....
Fri 23/02/01 at 14:16
Regular
"not dead"
Any chance you could post this back to last year, when it may have been news to us. ;-p

XBox probably won't play Dreamcast games, what'd be the point?

It would only put the price of production up, therefore it would retail at a higher price.

The Dreamcast is cheap enough for anyone that wants an XBox wants to play Dreamcasts games to get now anyway.
Fri 23/02/01 at 16:11
Regular
No, Sega have said basically what Meka just said then when asked about Dreamcast games being playable on X-Box...

Still, I'm am really weary of this. This is nothing to do with my gaming roots, but surely Sony have made quite a huge mess up here?

I really hope this Playstation 3 thing is just a stupid rumour.
Mon 26/02/01 at 05:13
LOL! PS3 is still in development for god's sake! There was a spec released for a new machine that was made by the same people who made the PS2 BUT it is NOT the PS3. That will be released at its earliest 2005/6 and it still under development and apparantly Sony are in talks with AMD Intel's arch enemie's :-)

Mon 26/02/01 at 08:41
'Rumour has it..............' and rumour it shall continue to be. This isn't true, folks; Sony's not THIS stupid. They pull this sort of thing and they can kiss their player base goodbye. It's like what's happening with the Dreamcast now: They'd be ostracized for sins of the past, no matter how good the system may be. We gamers are a picky bunch and we don't like being lied to. They not that.

There've been discussions regarding the PS3's development, but that's all that's happening for now.

Here's another rumour for you: I read somewhere that the PS3 will likely feature a graphics engine that ILM uses for some of its CG animation. I forget the specifics, but if they could provide gameplay as well, it might be worth checking out.
Tue 27/02/01 at 18:34
Regular
Calm down PseudoSavant this is not a fight
Wed 28/02/01 at 13:07
What did I say that came off as belligerent? *confused*
Wed 28/02/01 at 15:52
Do you really think Sony are that stupid. Everyone knows that the PS3 is years away, everyone is still enjoying the PS2.

By the way due to the Dreamcast producing its last console in the end of March my question is WHY???
Why dont they just stop now instead of wasting valuable money by making a console that no one is going to buy.

The rumour that Dreamcast games are going to appear on the X Box is bull!!!

Dreamcast games are going to the brilliant PS2, just wait until Crazy Taxi on the PS2.

Keep on Rollin' PS2

Thats the bottom line cos' Rhys 3:16 said so
Wed 28/02/01 at 16:04
Regular
I`m a big PS2 fan, but even I was tempted by special reserve`s offers on Dreamcasts. Under £100 and you`re getting the console and games! I think that is why the DC is still being sold.

As for the comment about DC games going to the X-box, I`m sure they probably will, but it is hard to know at the moment. Unless you are Bill Gates... But then you said the PS2 rules, so I guess you`re not. Perhaps it is just confusion...
Wed 28/02/01 at 16:04
Regular
Oh, and the time is not 3:16.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.