GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roeder gets the sack."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/03 at 16:24
Regular
Glenn Roeder has finally been sacked by West Ham, Trevor Brooking has just been announced has the caretaker manager.
I wonder if chairman Terrance Brown has a new name in mind, or is he just trying to take the pressure off himself ?
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
If Roeder had the last word on all the transfers, then he must have thought "What positions do we have good players covering, who we can replace with kids to get money?" It was to get money to help cover money lost from TV revenues; Defoe was kept because West Ham had few other forwards, and the fact Di Canio had WANTED to leave.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It seems a strange time to suddenly get rid of Glen Roeder, if you ask me...

The new season is only 3-or-4 games old in the Football League, and aside from the result of the Rotheram game, I don't think West Ham have started things as badly as they could've (...on the pitch, anyway).

Obviously, losing players like Joe Cole and Trevor Sinclair has hit them hard, but is a new manager really gonna change all that?

Bringing through new blood is always gonna be West Ham's answer, but will it be so-easy for a young team with a new manager? After all, Glen Roeder must've had a pretty good understanding of each player, having been at the club for some time - despite how pear-shaped it all went.

Terrence Brown does always seem keen to remove all pressure from himself, and land it all on someone else at the club...
I remember reading at the time of the Joe Cole sale how he tried to make it seem like Roeder had the "last-say" on all transfers - despite the club clearly needing the money, at the time.

And yet, Jermain Defoe is still at the club...?
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Now that Brooking's ruled himself out of the job, being on the board at the club, Dowie is the favourite for the post.
Tue 26/08/03 at 07:26
Regular
"thegodfather"
Dowie's definately looking like the favourite, he was put in a difficult situation by Oldham this summer, after a good season and almost getting promoted, most of Oldhams best player were sold.
A lot of pundits are saying he'll get the job and he'll probably get a good reception from the Upton Park faithful.
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:50
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Iain Dowie will the next boss, he is on a non contract basis at Oldham and West Ham can nab him for every little and is a crowd favourite, done great stuff at Oldham on a tight budget if any budget was available.

He said today it would be a honour to manage the club he supported as a boy.
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:02
Regular
"thegodfather"
Foreman wrote:
> If Graham Taylor gets the job, you'll never see the Premiership for
> years.

Oh my God ! I forgot he was out of work.
Sun 24/08/03 at 20:30
Regular
"es argh"
LOL at West Ham Website

"Looking for a job? Jobserve have thousands of vacancies now! "
Sun 24/08/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Baros!!!"
If Graham Taylor gets the job, you'll never see the Premiership for years.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I'd like to see how Brooking handles the job.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:23
Regular
"It's been a while.."
George Graham bah ruined spurs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.