GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Summerslam Predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 23:45
Regular
Well there's only one day left but I thought DW was gonna do it since he usually does these things. Since he hasn't, I've stepped up to do his duties :P Anyway, here we go, matches:

SHANE MCMAHON vs. ERIC BISCHOFF
After defeating Shane on RAW several weeks ago, Eric Bischoff was hoping it was one and done. That's not the case. Bischoff inadvertently signed on to battle McMahon at SummerSlam.

ELIMINATION CHAMBER
World Heavyweight Championship
Are alliances forming? First Evolution, now Goldberg, HBK & Nash?

KURT ANGLE vs. BROCK LESNAR
WWE Championship
The real Brock Lesnar showed his colours recently on SmackDown! when he attacked his "friend" Kurt Angle. Now Angle puts his title on the line against Brock in a WrestleMania rematch.

ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE
Rob Van Dam will finally get his shot at revenge when he takes on his former tag team partner, the recently unmasked Kane. Will the Big Red Machine manhandle RVD as he has so many people in recent weeks? Tune in to SummerSlam on PPV to find out.

FATAL FOURWAY U.S. Championship
Eddie Guerrero puts his U.S Championship on the line in a Fatal Fourway Match with challengers Chris Benoit, Rhyno and Tajiri. The odds are against Eddie in this one. Will he be able to retain the title? Tune in to SummerSlam to find out.

UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN
Two mammoth forces collide when A-Train steps into the Undertaker's yard on Aug. 24, at SummerSlam. A-Train has picked up many big wins of late. A win over 'Taker, however, may be his biggest.

Dudley Boys vs. La Resistance; World Tag Team Championship
The Dudleys finnaly get another shot at the tag titles, but on the last RAW, la resistance had the upper hand, can the dudley boys turn it around?

Well that's all the matches I think. Predict, quickly, because summerslam is nearly here :)
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:45
Regular
Well there's only one day left but I thought DW was gonna do it since he usually does these things. Since he hasn't, I've stepped up to do his duties :P Anyway, here we go, matches:

After defeating Shane on RAW several weeks ago, Eric Bischoff was hoping it was one and done. That's not the case. Bischoff inadvertently signed on to battle McMahon at SummerSlam.

ELIMINATION CHAMBER
Are alliances forming? First Evolution, now Goldberg, HBK & Nash?

WWE Championship
The real Brock Lesnar showed his colours recently on SmackDown! when he attacked his "friend" Kurt Angle. Now Angle puts his title on the line against Brock in a WrestleMania rematch.

ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE
Rob Van Dam will finally get his shot at revenge when he takes on his former tag team partner, the recently unmasked Kane. Will the Big Red Machine manhandle RVD as he has so many people in recent weeks? Tune in to SummerSlam on PPV to find out.

Eddie Guerrero puts his U.S Championship on the line in a Fatal Fourway Match with challengers Chris Benoit, Rhyno and Tajiri. The odds are against Eddie in this one. Will he be able to retain the title? Tune in to SummerSlam to find out.

UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN
Two mammoth forces collide when A-Train steps into the Undertaker's yard on Aug. 24, at SummerSlam. A-Train has picked up many big wins of late. A win over 'Taker, however, may be his biggest.

The Dudleys finnaly get another shot at the tag titles, but on the last RAW, la resistance had the upper hand, can the dudley boys turn it around?

Well that's all the matches I think. Predict, quickly, because summerslam is nearly here :)
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:01
Regular
I was gunna do one but couldn't be arsed.
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Shane is good, but Bischoff is bad. I predict a Shane win, just because Bischoff has beaten him in the past, and will be arrogantly expecting he can do the same again.

WINNER: SHANE MCMAHON

ELIMINATION CHAMBER - TRIPLE H vs. KEVIN NASH vs. GOLDBERG vs. CHRIS JERICHO vs. SHAWN MICHAELS
This should be good. Triple H is obviously going to lose the title, but who to? If it's Goldberg, he won't get pinned. And it's looking very like it will be Goldberg, meaning Nash or someone else is going to have to suffer getting pinned because Trips won't job. Still, with Jericho and HBK involved, at least this will have SOME action and excitement.

WINNER: GOLDBERG

WWE Championship
I'm looking forward to this lots. Kurt Angle is still the best wrestler in the WWE, and Lesnar is improving all the time. Plus, he's a heel, which I feel is what he's best suited to being. So, this should be good, and anything will happen, although I think Lesnar will win with help from Vince.

WINNER: BROCK LESNAR

ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE
This one should also be good, because RVD can still make matches much better, and Kane is good, if a little large and clunky. Thankfully, he still seems to have it in the ring, and I think he'll pull off the victory over RVD this time around.

WINNER: KANE

FATAL FOURWAY - EDDIE GUERRERO vs. CHRIS BENOIT vs. RHYNO vs. TAJIRI
U.S. Championship
The match I'm probably looking forward to the most lies here. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit are two of my favourite WWE competitors, mixed in with Rhyno's aggression and Tajiri's wide range of superb kicks, this match should impress lots. I see a Guerrero win, him having pinned either Benoit or Tajiri - his two rivals.

WINNER: EDDIE GUERRERO

UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN
Not looking forward to this that much, to be honest. No doubt Undertaker's last Summerslam, and I think, despite all the "damage" he's had done to his ribs, chest and back, he'll pull through and do his best.

WINNER: UNDERTAKER

DUDLEY BOYS vs. LA RESISTANCE
Tag Team Championship
Should be ok. The only tag team match up on the card, so they have to do something with it. La Resistance will win by cheating, just because that's what this storyline is being set up for. They'll cheat and win, but eat wood in the end.

WINNERS: LA RESISTANCE

Overall, Summerslam is looking really good, and is certainly setting itself up to be PPV of the year so far. I can't help but think there are too few matches on the card, but I suppose with the inevitable longevity of the Elimination Chamber match and the epic that is going to be Angle vs. Lesnar means that it'll all work out on time. Mostly good looking matches. I'll be watching.
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"

If they use this match to calm down the crowd after perhaps Brock/Angle or the 4-way U.S Title match than it will okay. Shane to win as I don't think they want to hurt Shane too much.

WINNER: SHANE MCMAHON

ELIMINATION CHAMBER

There are so many factors here. Triple H's injury, Goldberg not working house shows, Triple H V Jericho title match at a house show (?). I'm pretty certain that Nash and Orton won't win, due to them not being over enough and HBK won't win because I think a Shawn reign is not needed. I'm going with Jericho although Goldberg may be possible.

WINNER: JERICHO

Angle should get a good match out of Brock but I can't see where Brock would go if he loses. Angle hasn't had the title long enough for me, so I'm going with Angle.

WINNER: ANGLE

ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE

Rob Van Dam is Kane's whipping boy here. Kane all the way if they want to keep his monster push. RVD could use a win here for a title push. Not going to happen though.

WINNER: KANE

Oh yes, give this match 20 minutes and this should rule. There have been rumours of Eddie getting a main event push but it may not happen because of his size. (Damn you Vince!) Eddie V Angle would rule. I'd say Rhyno to win because Benoit does not need this title. He needs the main one.

WINNER: RHYNO

UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN

Taker or A-Train? Who cares? It will be dull. Taker to win just because he hates to lose.

WINNER: TAKER

La Resistance are pathetic and the Dudleyz are stale. So, will it be La Resistance to fight Goldust and Lance Storm or will the Dudleyz win the titles again with no obvious opponents? I'll say the Dudleyz to win.

WINNER: DUDLEYZ

Well, I'd say that if they give the right matches plenty of time, it will be a good event. You lucky fellows will get a Summerslam special from me on the Monday with all my thoughts on it. Lucky you!
Sat 23/08/03 at 01:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
> SHANE MCMAHON vs. ERIC BISCHOFF

I'm going to go with a Shane win due to the beating he took from Kane the other week and what Bischoff got up to on today's RAW. A nice revenge win for Shane

WINNER - SHANE

> ELIMINATION CHAMBER
> World Heavyweight Championship

Should be a good match and HHH should drop the title because of his injury. I'm going for a Goldberg win here but i doubt it'll be HHH he pins to take the title seeing as HHH doesn't like to job to anyone unless their name ends in Michaels or Nash.

WINNER - GOLDBERG

> KURT ANGLE vs. BROCK LESNAR
> WWE Championship

Angle hasn't had the title long so if the WWE want to add some credibility to the title they should let him retain it at this PPV. I'll go for an Angle win with some botched interference from Vince

WINNER - ANGLE

> ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE

Virtually a squash match here or at least as much of a squash match as you'll get on a PPV. Kane to win here because if they want to keep the monster angle going they can't have him lose so early on. RVD needs to be better used then just a whipping boy.

WINNER - KANE

> FATAL FOURWAY U.S. Championship

Should be one of the best matches on the card here and i'm going to go with Eddie retaining the title and lying, cheating and stealing his way to a win.

WINNER - EDDIE

> UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ this will be one big bore fest. 15+ plus minutes of traded punches and kicks, oh i can't wait for it.
Vince puts A-Train on a PPV yet talent like Cena, Mysterio and Ultimo are nowhere to be seen? Hmm o...........k. Ultimo vs Mysterio = 5 star match Vince, Taker vs A-Train = a chance to make a cup of tea and a wait until a decent match comes on.

WINNER - NO ONE, EVERYONE LOSES

> Dudley Boys vs. La Resistance; World Tag Team Championship

Another who cares match. La Resistance suck and is a perfect example of what is wrong with the WWE today. You're wondering why you're losing fans Vince? Having two rookies with titles they don't deserve, bad mouthing the country that generates you the majority of your profit every single week is a pretty damn good reason.

WINNER - MY KETTLE, WHICH GETS TO BE USED AGAIN
Sat 23/08/03 at 01:19
Regular
"bWo > You"
> SHANE MCMAHON vs. ERIC BISCHOFF

Shane-O will go over Bischoff completely, following a trademark huge bump onto Bisch. The next night, Bisch will announce a match between Shane and a newly recruited henchman (I don't know who) for the ownership of RAW - Shane will draw, leading to a "Who owns RAW?" storyline, which shouldn't last too long, and should culminate at the next PPV.

ELIMINATION CHAMBER

Triple H, HBK and Jericho will remain: HBK eliminates Trips, Jericho wins the belt.

> KURT ANGLE vs. BROCK LESNAR
> WWE Championship

Kurt Angle retains, while the two trade the title up until Wrestlemania.

> ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE

Kane to squash Van Dam, to push Kane further as a monster, and also to punish RVD for his comments about WWE. RVD will also be 'injured' for a month or two to show him who's boss.

> FATAL FOURWAY U.S. Championship

Eddie to retain, Benoit to feud with Eddie, Tajiri and Rhyno also feud.

> UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN

'Taker will win, not allowing anyone to beat him on PPV (even so, A-Train shouldn't win)

> Dudley Boys vs. La Resistance; World Tag Team Championship

Dudleyz have to win it this time, otherwise the feud grows even older and staler than it already is.
Sat 23/08/03 at 10:31
Regular
"..."

I can see Kane and maybe even RVD getting ivolved in this one to build up their match later on. I think Shane will edge it because he needs a win to re-establish himself as a name.

WINNER: Shane McMahon

ELIMINATION CHAMBER
This comes down to Goldberg, HHH and Y2J, if anyone else wins this it will be regarded as a major shock to everyone backstage, as well as us watching at home. Obviously Trips is the favourite, but he may be looking to drop the belt for a bit so he can rest up his injuries. This makes 'berg the front-runner, but I still doubt the WWE will put their belt on a bloke who doesn't wrestle house shows...leaving Jericho as the default winner.

WINNER: Chris Jericho

WWE Championship

They're overdoing this feud slightly, but then what do you expect when Vince won't push anyone else on Smackdown to the main event? Can't see the title changing hands this soon, so i'll go with whoever is champ (can't remember)

WINNER: Champ retains.

ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE
Total no-brainer this one. Van Dam has been relegated to the mid-card, while they're pushing Kane as a monster main-eventer. Would love Van Dam to get the win, but can't see it happening.

WINNER: Kane

Eddie Guerrero is the hottest WWE Superstar right now , period. Vince should push him to the main event, but won't because of his size. Expect him to retain the Title as a consolation.

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero

UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN
If the big dog is finally considering calling it a day, then expect him to start putting people over. Wouldn't be surprised if he started with his good buddy A-Train

WINNER: A-Train

Dudleys seem to be on a creative road to nowhere, La Resistance have held the belts too long, meaning this could go either way. I expect the Dudleys to win and move on to another feud where they will put another up and coming team over.

WINNER: Dudley Boys

Ok?
Sat 23/08/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Baros!!!"

Looks like an easy win for Shane Mcmahon, but I've a sneaky feeling something dodgy will go on in this match. The ref will probably get knocked over and Bischoff will use a steel chair or something.

Winner: Eric Bischoff

ELIMINATION CHAMBER

Goldberg is always the one for me, so I think he'll turn this match upside down and walk away with the belt. Also think Nash is in with a chance.

Winner: Goldberg

Tough one to call, but I think Brock Lesnor will walk away as the winner.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

ROB VAN DAM vs. KANE

RVD is going to find it very difficult against Kane. It will be a close fought match with Kane being the eventual winner.

Winner: Kane

What a match this will turn out to be. This will probably be the best macth to watch and it's hard to say who will come out as the winner.

Winner: Eddie

UNDERTAKER vs. A-TRAIN

It looks like nobody is going to stop A-Train at the moment, but this will all end when he face Undertaker.

Winner: Undertaker

I'm not to interested in this match, but I think the Dudley Boys will be the new champions

Winner: Dudley Boys
Sat 23/08/03 at 11:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AfroJoe wrote:
> ELIMINATION CHAMBER - TRIPLE H vs. KEVIN NASH vs. GOLDBERG vs. RANDY
> ORTON vs. SHAWN MICHAELS
> World Heavyweight Championship

Sorry, Randy Orton, not Chris Jericho.
Sat 23/08/03 at 12:55
Regular
Lol! I think you got it wrong again...Didn't you mean you forgot to add Chris Jericho :P Great to see so many replies :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.