GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 5 screens..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36338&subsectionid=1584[/URL]

Hmmm...what has changed?
Fri 24/06/05 at 09:15
Regular
Penalties iwth Chealsea on Pes4 are poo, I always find myself blasting over or wide. Free kicks need no improvement in hte style of Fifa at all though, I actually prefere Pes4 free kicks.
Fri 24/06/05 at 12:23
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Against the Comp, i just knock all my penalities gently across the floor down the middle of the net or to either side. Havent missed one yet. Just far too easy to score.
Fri 24/06/05 at 13:37
Down the middle, on the ground, means that if the keeper saves it, it usually bounces back to you. Anywhere else means it rebounds away to anywhere really.
Fri 24/06/05 at 13:38
Regular
Have to agree with stats. Also would like to see keepers improved along with referees.
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
AfroJoe wrote:
> ISS98 had an ideal shot system for penalties, but was let down by the
> keepers being able to dive after the player had notified where the
> ball was going. :-D

But keepers do have a small amount of time to react to the shot, it's just that it is very small. Also, keepers get other clues as to which way the ball will go - player's eyes, feet etc. On Pro Evo it's literally pot luck.

Improvements I'd like to see:

-More leagues in the master league, so I can have as many European leagues as possible, making the Champions' League harder and more realistic.
-More divisions if possible.
-Player style modes, so two players with the same stats won't act exactly the same if they have different styles, making it feel more like you're playing against real players rather than lookalikes.
-Ground passes going directly to the player every time, all too often they act like through balls and go in front of the target man. It's unnecessary, there already is a through ball button.
-Through balls going to the right man. When I'm pressing forwards, and there's a player directly in front of me in a lot of space, it often goes to the guy over on the wing somewhere, and the whole move breaks down.
-Master league CPU teams making more transfers, and not being able to buy classic players.
-Real referrees...?
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Blank wrote:
> -Real referrees...?

No idea how it would work, but id love the chance to BE the referee in the game, making the decisions i would want...hopefully having a player push me over, ala Di Canio style.
Sat 25/06/05 at 01:58
Regular
Heh if you have the PC version you can actually download an update which uses a uses the Football Manager database to convert to PES stats, I've got it working very nicely on PC.
I doubt it'll be as accurate as a game like that though.
Mon 27/06/05 at 15:06
Regular
"es argh"
No new licenses for WE9, some of you may of read about the Spanish second division, that's because it comes with the La Liga license but Konami don't use it, I think.

And, if they keep the changes from Winning Eleven 8: liveware Evolution (The last Japanese version of PES4) then they've changed the R1 lob so that you can score with it from outside the box with full power, WE8LE turned it into a little dink. Also shot fakes can also fool defenders into making tackles.

The gameplay has been changed from frantic end to end stuff into a midfield battle, dribbling is not as easy as PES4, game has been slowed down, feels slightly sluggish compared to PES4. Shooting has been tweaked so that you can hit harder shots that don't loop as much as in PES4.

Oh, and the Ronaldinho flip-flap thingy is in there as well, can be used by Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho and a few classic Brazil players, maybe a few others as well.
Mon 27/06/05 at 15:09
Regular
"es argh"
They have brought in a few teams though, like CSKA Moscow and some turkey teams, Fenerbache I think.

Also there is a "Nippon Challenge" in WE9 which is like a Road to the World Cup thingy where you play through all of the Asian qualifying stuff against really low teams, like Bahrain and other small asian countries. I think these may have replaced some of the teams already in the game, one translation mentioned Egypt had been replaced by them but it could mean anything with the dodgy translations.
Mon 27/06/05 at 16:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Blank wrote:
> But keepers do have a small amount of time to react to the shot, it's
> just that it is very small. Also, keepers get other clues as to which
> way the ball will go - player's eyes, feet etc. On Pro Evo it's
> literally pot luck.

True, but the ISS98 method was just taking it too far. It was possible to save literally every penalty that you were faced with, because of the amount of time you were given to make the dive after the ball had been kicked.

Once I'd mastered the system, I probably only conceeded one or two penalties in the next few years.

Admittedly, though, yes, the element of luck in the Pro Evolution games is frustrating, as it is unrealistic. It'll be interesting to see if Konami try anything new out or not with penalties, but I've got a feeling they'll just leave it as it is. At the most, they'll add a power bar, but I can't see any more new features which will truly benefit the system being added.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.