GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 5 screens..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36338&subsectionid=1584[/URL]

Hmmm...what has changed?
Sun 11/09/05 at 01:03
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> I hate it when you takle someone, they loose the ball, then the yellow
> icon thing comes up in the top corner and if any of your players get
> the loose ball the other team get a freekick. No matter how long you
> leave the loose ball, as soon as one of your players gets it the ref
> will blow the whistle.

actually the advantage hasnt been played quite a few times when i've played if the ball is loose for a good few seconds.
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:47
Regular
"es argh"
Game wrote:
> Can't wait for Evo 5...
>
> One thing I hope they do rectify is the way the ball magnetises to
> the sidelines and the goal lines. Even if it's rolling straight, as
> soon as it gets 'so' close, it'll just og off on a tengent and give a
> throw-in/corner, etc.

Eh? I haven't noticed this

> Also, the way you tackle someone, the ball hits off them, then you go
> into them, then get a yellow card/concede a foul.

This may not be the game for you.

kukgv wrote:
> Its called playing advantage, you mustve fouled him.

Yus, mnuuh.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
Its called playing advantage, you mustve fouled him.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:09
Regular
"Mozzy"
I hate it when you takle someone, they loose the ball, then the yellow icon thing comes up in the top corner and if any of your players get the loose ball the other team get a freekick. No matter how long you leave the loose ball, as soon as one of your players gets it the ref will blow the whistle.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Whenever your goalkeeper parries a shot out wide, it always seems to curl out for a corner. Something should be done about that.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Can't wait for Evo 5...

One thing I hope they do rectify is the way the ball magnetises to the sidelines and the goal lines. Even if it's rolling straight, as soon as it gets 'so' close, it'll just og off on a tengent and give a throw-in/corner, etc.

Also, the way you tackle someone, the ball hits off them, then you go into them, then get a yellow card/concede a foul.

I hate the way you get tripped up and nothing happens, and the stupid little fouls that come from nowhere.

Hopefully they'll also update the LIVE play so you can invite a friend easier and maybe wait in some kind of lobby (a la HALO 2) for them. Who knows.
Sat 10/09/05 at 17:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Free kicks and corners really annoy me in PES4. The way that sometimes, all of the corners, free kicks etc. will skew to the left or right, so you have to overcompensate, then it suddenly switches without notice, so what would have been a decent free kick hits the corner flag, or a corner goes straight out of play. Maybe I have a knackered control pad, I'm not sure. I've ordered a new one, so we'll see.

I remember scoring a few free kicks with Farfan in my first master league, but since that I've hardly got any in.

The best, though, is when you play a long ball into the box from a free kick, everyone misses it, and it goes straight in. Did that with Fabregas in the ML against Real Madrid a while ago. Almost from the half way line.
Fri 09/09/05 at 23:03
Regular
"es argh"
They've changed the pictures on the main menu screen and added the save feature to the second menu in from the right.

So yeah, they have done absolutely nothing to ML
Fri 09/09/05 at 22:45
Regular
"Mozzy"
Greatness! ^_^

Have they changed the ML much?
Fri 09/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
"es argh"
Mozzy wrote:

> Im hoping that the 4 stars in PES5 will be like the 6 stars in PES4,
> that would make the game last so much longer because after playing
> PES4 non-stop for about 4 months (when it came out), I was eventually
> able to easily win a match on 6 stars.

4 stars is now very difficult, it makes the results seem very realistic. You'll rarely find yourself 3:0 up in the first half.

1:0 scraps are the order of the day here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.