GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Faking a ‘non delivery’ of E-mail."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 12:14
Regular
You know if you send an E-mail to a non-existing address it gets returned to you as ‘non deliverable’ … is it possible to send a fake on of these to an address who you’d prefer to no longer get E-mail from??

I could just bloke the addresses I’ve receiving mail from, but then the senders just create different addresses to send their spam from, and it’s getting rather annoying.

It’s hard to filter this, as the mail is addressed to me directly, rather than as part of a bulk mail out.

I’m hoping that I can in fact send a fake ‘no address exists’ mail back to them, in hope that the person/people will remove my address so as to no longer get these, or the automotive system sending them out will stop sending them to me.

Thanks for any info anybody is able to give.
Sat 23/08/03 at 16:55
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
phi11ip wrote:
> Can't you report it to their hosts or something?

To be honest, I probably could, but I don't know how to accuratly find out. .com searches don't reveal as much information to me as .co.uk ones do.
Sat 23/08/03 at 17:37
"www.Freeola.info"
You are being sent the W32/Sobig.f@MM virus.

This is being sent by the sender without the senders knowledge. There is no way to track this back to the individual user who sent the virus as the senders address could be any email address that the virus found on the senders computer.

For mor information on this virus, please visit:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com /avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

We would suggest that you set up a message rule on your PC to look for any e-mail with the following subjects:
Re: Details
Re: Approved Re:
Re: My details
Re: Thank you!
Re: That movie
Re: Wicked screensaver
Re: Your application
Thank you!
Your details

Set the message rule not to download that message and to delete it from the server.
Sat 23/08/03 at 22:19
Regular
"cachoo"
I am so confused! Within the last couple of days I have recieved about 9 or 10 emails back to me saying Mail Delivery Failed.
One from the 'willy enlargement' company I usually get. So, even if I read these it won't do any harm, no?! I know that's not possible, but just to be sure?
There's no attachments. Also, there's a lot of code written in these emails, such as;
M3TXTK6ELMpeucXviHeREwTueIqyOO7vVU80Hj+1bdmSlYORQdV0i+

I think you get the point.
Is this all part of the virus going around ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.