GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't bur-leeeeve the video I found in Virgin."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Executions".

That's right, a video of real-life executions called "Executions". I didn't think that sort of thing was legal in this country!? I've seen adverts for that sort of stuff on American TV and mail order adverts in magazines - but to be able to go up your town centre, into a respectable video shop and buy a video showing people being killed is beyond belief. I'm not going to get all "think of the children" over this, because it's an 18, I don't have to watch it and there are people all over the world in situations where they see murders and death everyday. It just shocked me a bit, that's all.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:35
Regular
I stand behind the claim that if it is filmed properly, and documented in an un-biased, professional way, then it is simply educational to how the human spirit can become corrupted towards savagery. The shock factor is beside the point. If anyone had been in the army and on campaigns abroad, they might be forced to see things equally as horrific.

If it is all 'jazzed up' and thrown together with the view of creating 'entertainment' then it is wrong. Like those american cop shows, where they show images of criminals being beaten to the ground, and guns put to their heads, while the narrator says something like "This villain was seen mugging an old lady. Fearless police were forced to put 2 bullets in his head." It's in bad taste.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:29
Regular
I've seen executions twice now. tis quite disturbing, especially that terrorist at the end who gets shot in the face.

he probably deserved it though, I believe he blew up a bus full of civilians or something.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:06
Regular
"8==="
True enough. I was merely stating a fact. 9/11 was an atrocity which had happened that day, watching it was like trying to comprehend how it could be real.

Watching old footage of people dying is something else entirely. Especially torture and execution.
Mon 18/08/03 at 17:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And how many of you said on September 11th "No, turn the TV off, I don't want to watch it over and over again please thankyou". You all watched it over and over again for about five hours like the rest of us, don't get all self righteous.
Mon 18/08/03 at 17:23
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
> I think this has been out for a while now.
> Is it a black cover? With a bloke with a bag over his head on the
> front?

It has. Since about '97. My friend bought it but I refused to watch it.
Mon 18/08/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I did a bit of research on the IMDB and there have been series after series of these videos since the late 70s. Face of Death 1-5, Death Videos 1-3. It's sick, I tell ya'. How can these families agree to having their home video footage of family members getting murdered or committing suicide paraded around like that? Some people.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:58
Regular
Kiriyama wrote:

> That stopped him? Bleh!
>
> Must...see...this...

If you're a really sick mofo then you'll wanna get hold of any of the Faces of Death or Faces of Gore DVD's.

Mondo films from America of real life killings from Police tapes and other more 'dubious' sources.

Can't see why anyone would want to watch them though
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
That video (and simialr ones) have been about for about 5 years, can't believe you found it in Virgin though, is it the one where you see the Middle Eastern lady getting stoned to death ?
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
cookie monster wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Guy grinning like a fool, puts tape in.
> "You put that on and I'm going to stab you through the cheek
> with this fork and film it"
> Guy's grin falters, puts tape on floor and leaves room.
>
> I bet that created a nice atmosphere..

Better than someone suggesting watching videos of people dying - a death in your own frontroom. Obviously I'm being sarcastic.
Mon 18/08/03 at 15:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> Guy grinning like a fool, puts tape in.
> "You put that on and I'm going to stab you through the cheek
> with this fork and film it"
> Guy's grin falters, puts tape on floor and leaves room.

I bet that created a nice atmosphere..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.