GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Johnson not in the england squad- a bit unfair really"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/08/03 at 11:15
Regular
Usually i'd say "fairplay..... he is inexperienced, give him a bit more time and we'll see if he continues to perform at the same outstanding level" and this would be the case this time if it wasn't for the injury list England have at the back on the right. Neville, Brown and Hargreaves all injured and Mills is the only recognised right back in the squad, and most people think he's crap anyway. What better time to blood a youngster who by the looks of things will easily displace them when he is more experienced as he is the first in god knows how long, who can defend and get forwards, and hits a particularly mean cross. Usually i'd say make him wait his turn and get a bit more experience in, but with all the players at the back out and the game being a pretty pointless friendly he at least deserved a place in the squad for his endeavours over the last 6 months. Plain stupid ommission. Especially as Sven has undermimed the whole experience issue by calling up kirkland who hasn't played a competitive match in over a year and like Johnson has only played about 30 games, Rooney is another example, got called up after about 15 games having only scored 2 goals. Sven lets have a bit of consistency. Is it because the world would end due to 5 chelsea players being in the england squad? lol. Oh well there's always next time but if he shows he is willing to select inexperienced players who perform well (kirkland deserved a call up before his injury any way, rooney however is just stupid hype), then surely he is showing the weirdest possible selection process by not drafting a player into the squad who has performed brilliantly in his position when all but 1 of the other options are injured.
Sun 31/08/03 at 10:05
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Ashley wrote:
> veron was too, easily one of verons best
> performances in england i think he hardly missed a pass today and
> somewhere accross the whole pitch!
>
> heh, he missed a pass in the first 3 seconds which led to the goal.
> Although i suppose desailly is more to blame!
>
> Great piece of commentary on one of Veron's shot today on itv.
> something along the lines of "if the goal had of been 4 times as
> high, he still wouldnt have scored"

believe me it looked worse live!

It was an awful effort but a supreme performance from veron, he was amazing, that was the kind of performance you pay 30 mill for, he has such incredible vision. He still has the skills and hopefully he can retain it with consistency.
Sun 31/08/03 at 01:24
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Or†ega wrote:
> Great piece of commentary on one of Veron's shot today on itv.
> something along the lines of "if the goal had of been 4 times as
> high, he still wouldnt have scored"

Now thats good commentary. Does anyone know who it was who said that as I missed the premiership tonight.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:14
Regular
Ashley wrote:
veron was too, easily one of verons best
> performances in england i think he hardly missed a pass today and
> somewhere accross the whole pitch!

heh, he missed a pass in the first 3 seconds which led to the goal. Although i suppose desailly is more to blame!

Great piece of commentary on one of Veron's shot today on itv. something along the lines of "if the goal had of been 4 times as high, he still wouldnt have scored"
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:14
Regular
"thegodfather"
If Johnson continues his progression he'll soon be recognised as the best right back in the country, he's young talented and has already been noticed for this by his international performances.
Along with players like Rooney and Jenas he shouldn't have too much expectation heaped on his shoulders, he'll be better than Neville or Mills soon enough.
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i was expecting something along the lines of johnsons a goal machine, having seen him score, but...

:D
Sat 30/08/03 at 22:00
Regular
watch the premiership tonight,dunno how much they'll show but johnson was incredible today, veron was too, easily one of verons best performances in england i think he hardly missed a pass today and somewhere accross the whole pitch!
Sun 17/08/03 at 14:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
hes there now at 3.3-ish. i chose not to sign because of the lack of ability at leeds (or so it would seem) recently. ill put my pin and team in general chat.
Sun 17/08/03 at 14:44
Regular
yeah sure just post your pin in the league thead weve got a fair few already, glad weve sorted it!

Jermaine pennant is the player to sign! he is being loaned to leeds and is classy and will start. he's my recommendation, he for some unknown reason isn't listed at the moment but he'll be cheap when he is and will be worth it as he'll start, if you need a good kless expensivee player..
Sun 17/08/03 at 14:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
glad weve sorted it out. and i hope chelsea do well this season (although not above us!) i can see why you might get a tad gleeful. when i joined a way under a year ago, sport was relitively the same as it is now. mind if i join the fantasy league? (my team so good they may as well just give me those tickets to the final)
Sun 17/08/03 at 14:32
Regular
Oh and apology accepted, And i am sorry too if my support of chelsea has seemed a bit over zealous, People whove been in sport for ages can testify i am usually fairly reserved on such issues, its just after a couple of years of relative dissapointment at the bridge, things are looking very bright, and have got me pretty excited.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.