GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fix Up, Look Sharp (Dizzee Rascal)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/08/03 at 21:22
Regular
Dizzee Rascal, opinions? Bought the album yesturday and I'm impressed. Not a big fan of all the songs but the same can be said about most hip hop albums.

If you haven't heard any of his stuff yet, download:

Fix Up, look Sharp
I Luv U
Sittin' Here

Some great British talent that is sure to be recognised up there with te likes of The Streets.
Sat 16/08/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Dizzee Rascal, opinions? Bought the album yesturday and I'm impressed. Not a big fan of all the songs but the same can be said about most hip hop albums.

If you haven't heard any of his stuff yet, download:

Fix Up, look Sharp
I Luv U
Sittin' Here

Some great British talent that is sure to be recognised up there with te likes of The Streets.
Sat 16/08/03 at 21:34
Regular
Fix Up Look Sharp is a bit "Hollow" in my opinion. It's just him rapping and a bass drum to back it up.

No bass guitar or owt - The song has no "tone"

Are there any songs on that album which have "tone"
Sun 17/08/03 at 02:32
Regular
"oaps.org"
anyone understand what the wannabe gangster is rappin' about?

cos I don't - what's an arrow on his shoe got to do with anything

and to be frank the single would sound far better if he wasn't even on it, just listen to the bits where he isn't spouting off about his shoes infact he is such a useless rapper it's a wonder he isn't an entry on Pop Idol
Sun 17/08/03 at 02:38
Regular
"oaps.org"
CDouch wrote:
> Some great British talent that is sure to be recognised up there with
> te likes of The Streets.

I doubt even a mercury music prize nomination isn't going to propel his carear that far

the streets didn't need nominating to get them some airplay they stood out for being different, where as ditzy is getting his meagre amount of airtime simply because he has been nominated
Sun 17/08/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Seems to me that you're basing your opinion on hearing one song. Just listen to a couple then make up your mind.
Sun 17/08/03 at 10:53
Regular
Woa woa woa ManicMyna.

He's actually some *good* british talent - Non of this manufactured milarky.

He had singles out ages ago - I remember a mate reccomending me a song called "Fitness Instructor" - I'm not sure if thats on the album but it was good.

And after listening to Fix up look sharp about 4 times last night - Its starting to grow on me.

I like it.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Good good.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:26
Regular
Just downloaded the track.

One talented dude this 'Rascal.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Fix Up, Look Sharp reminds me of KRS
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Get I Luv U

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.