GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Tales of Symphonia yesterday..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Sun 03/07/05 at 19:28
Regular
Really great game. I love RPGs, I haven't got far, got to the fire dungeon. I got a few questions about the battle system:

How do you switch the character who you are controlling?

What are status supplies? Apparently you can get them in towns.

How do you build up good combos? In the IGN review it says "Certain combinations of techs will result in powerful new moves -- which means that you're encourage to experiment with attacks (and there are a lot of combinations)"

Also, can you only do combos with the person you are controlling?

No spoilers please :)
Sun 03/07/05 at 23:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Blow stuff up, wrote:
> i want to get hit

I want to get hit too!!

Seriously though, its a great game. Fourty hours of gameplay minimum. Nice story, solid battle system, and the "skit" feature is rather class, even if its not voiced.

Plus it has Sheena. (y)
Sun 03/07/05 at 21:56
Regular
"And some more !"
how much did you buy it for as i want to get hit is game.
Sun 03/07/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Really great game. I love RPGs, I haven't got far, got to the fire
> dungeon. I got a few questions about the battle system:
>
> How do you switch the character who you are controlling?
>
> What are status supplies? Apparently you can get them in towns.
>
>
> How do you build up good combos? In the IGN review it says
> "Certain combinations of techs will result in powerful new moves
> -- which means that you're encourage to experiment with attacks (and
> there are a lot of combinations)"
>
> Also, can you only do combos with the person you are controlling?
>
> No spoilers please :)

Yup this is nearly my favourite Gamecube game. Okay, what ya need to do to switch characters is go to the menu screen (the pause menu screen, not main menu) and scroll downwards to highlight the characters. To indicate that they are being used, there is a red flag next to them - anyway if you want to switch between the characters, just press A when highlighting them.

I forgot about status supplies, look on gamefaqs.

To bulid good combos, go to the Tech section on the menu screen (again, not main menu) and create the most convenient actions by making them easy to access whilst battling. Then, when battling, keep using your moves fluently and always point towards them and then upwards. Also, get good weaponary aswell, and customisation helps too.

You can do combos with everyone.
Sun 03/07/05 at 19:28
Regular
Really great game. I love RPGs, I haven't got far, got to the fire dungeon. I got a few questions about the battle system:

How do you switch the character who you are controlling?

What are status supplies? Apparently you can get them in towns.

How do you build up good combos? In the IGN review it says "Certain combinations of techs will result in powerful new moves -- which means that you're encourage to experiment with attacks (and there are a lot of combinations)"

Also, can you only do combos with the person you are controlling?

No spoilers please :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.