GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where should I get my new PC from?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/07/05 at 07:44
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Hello. Just want to get some feedback and advice on where I should get my new PC from. I have a DELL at, which has been reliable, though the customer service has been aweful. Currently I debating on whether to buy from three companys. DELL, which I allready have but seem to be a bit too expensive. MESH, which has amazing value for what you get but has also had alot of bad feedback (though the same could be said about DELL). Or from Wire2Fire, who make custom PCs and got a decent review in PC Zone Magazine, but is more expensive than MESH. I considered Alienware which, while reliable and good quality, is simply too expensive. I want to spend £1500 on a relatively high spec PC, and I don't need any monitor. SR don't sell PCs any more, which is what I was going to buy origionally. If anyone has any advice, or knows of other reliable places I could get a PC from, it would be much appretiated.
Tue 05/07/05 at 21:16
"Darkness, always"
Probably for the best...
Mon 04/07/05 at 22:06
Regular
"bot"
Haha. They don't even exist anymore.
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:56
"Darkness, always"
Memorandum! wrote:
> you should get a MAXX PC!!!!!!!!

That's not even funny.
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:00
Regular
"bot"
you should get a MAXX PC!!!!!!!!
Mon 04/07/05 at 12:34
"Was the man of marz"
I built mine @ planetmicro.co.uk. You should consider the bundles (mobo,cpu,case and fan). If not I would personally buy a base unit from one ofthe cheaper online retailers (ie: ebuyer.co.uk).
Mon 04/07/05 at 12:29
Regular
"Captain to you."
Novatech are pretty good and they put it all together for you.
Mon 04/07/05 at 10:59
Regular
"8==="
Bullett wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> I wouldn't recommend your local bike shop.
>
> Try somewhere that sell PC's, that's probably a good place to start.
>
> Eh?

;D
Mon 04/07/05 at 10:54
Regular
[URL]http://www.buildyourown.org.uk[/URL]

There are even videos to show you how to do it.

pwn.
Mon 04/07/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
But still, with a paranoid Dad, like I have (who's also allergic to spending any money at all lol), I would not want to risk it. If it was my own money then I'd be fine, but under the circumstances I want to play it safe. (ps. I once fitted a graphics card which didn't seem to work, took it back once, then realised I hadden't pushed it in far enough....sorry SR lol. Just an example of my stupidity. It took me a couple of weeks to work that one out!)
Mon 04/07/05 at 10:50
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Either way...the pre build systems are cheaper than other places I've looked :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.