GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Townies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 19:37
Regular
I hate their guts I do. Arrogant knobs.
Sat 16/08/03 at 17:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
townie/trendy/goth/punk/rocker/whatever.

scrape away the clothes, music and makeup (for the goths ;) ) you still get a person. there are good people and bad people in all those catagories, there's just more bad trendy ones than the others because (as harsh as it sounds) a majority of them probably don't have the will or brainpower to question anything and will happily follw the crowd instead of being autonomous. still, they're the most expensively dressed sheep in the land...

"alternative" tastes i think display a person who is willing to find their own way that works for them, but these can't be narrowed down to mere clothes, i've seen people in their hoodies and baggy trousers being every bit as much of pain in the ass as the vertical cap and collar-up brigade.

people are people, some are good and some are bad, but the good ones won't shout brainless drivel at you from across the road with a bunch of their mates, so how do you know they're there? you won't, so all you can do is draw your conclusions from experience... and sadly it's the morons who fly their flags the highest :(
Fri 15/08/03 at 12:22
"I love yo... lamp."
Neds just annoy me.
Fri 15/08/03 at 12:19
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm sorry, but the definition of radgie IS somebody who goes around hitting people, drinking Carling on street corners, wearing caps, going "Rar, rar, rar" (that's how they speak) and listening to radgie music.

Unless they do all those things, they aren't radgies.

I know a couple of people who have radgie tendancies, but are canny as FCUK (boy do I hate those slogans...) so they're not really radgies.
Fri 15/08/03 at 10:07
Regular
"118 118"
Some Townies are hard as nails to be honest. I'll agree with you that MOST of them are illiterate idiots who walk around looking for fights with skaters and moshers and usually end up getting beaten unless the ygot their knifes and their crew with them. However some townies are decent people and it is prejudiced to judge a whole group of people.

A few of my mates are what you would class as townies and whilst I don't do what they do and sit in the park getting wrecked on a friday night they are still my mates reguardless. Not all of them are soft either, a few townies I know who are really tough guys.

Anyway I'll shut up defending the scummers now but don't be so judgemental in future. Remember if a townie starts a fight on you just shout, "Look, its two mixed-race homosexual moshers who oppose drink-driving and heroin!" They'll run to investigate and you'll be fine.

INNIT!
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:32
Regular
Anyone who dresses with their music style has a seriously retarded problem.
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I like Hip Hop and R 'n' B but i don't class myself as a townie even though i often get mistaken for one just because i wear basketball jerseys, american football shirts and caps. I wear them because i like the sports and support the teams but just because i dare to wear a Yankess baseball cap for instance i'm suddenly a townie. No i like baseball and support the team and unlike about 95% of the people who wear them i can actually name the whole squad let alone just one player, which still most people would have problems with.

A townie to me are those people wearing the caps yet don't actually follow the sports and hoodies and go around saying *yosh i be real hard man, i'll knock you d'ahn into next week............. i just need 5 of my mates to back me up*
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Light of the world"
Shut up with all the hate for townies

And viva versa for punk/grunge/goth/transexual sheep lovers

Everyone has their own way and style who gives one what they wear and listen to.

I am a strange combo of the above and don't give one! By joe there is definatly some idiot townies...but thats not to say there is not idiot grungers because they darn well is!!

Anyway, theres my huff n puff

make love not waaaar
Thu 14/08/03 at 15:07
Regular
Andain wrote:

> You what? So they don't dress all bling-bling??? You have lost me
> there.

English people who try and dress all 'bling-bling' and where black makes like Phat Farm and Fubu get robbed and beaten up.
They don't have townies in America.

You are confused.
Thu 14/08/03 at 13:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Aye.

I dont suppose you watch River City Sheepy?
Thu 14/08/03 at 13:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Neds is a better word

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.