GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Want to beat speed cameras?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 15:18
Regular
Thanks to 2 policemen who had their charges dropped, there has become a loophole that makes speed cameras illegal if
"The signs have a black border around a speed camera logo which infringed the Road Traffic Regulation Act."

Thanks BBC and British Police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/ england/north_yorkshire/3147201.stm
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
top gear tested it and a good 122mph beat the camera. (didnt even flash)

alternatively, cling film over the license plate means it scrambles the reflection and the flash just appears as a white light on the snap shot.
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mike wrote:
> Yeah, but what car goes 174 miles per hour?

A Lotus Carlton.
Wed 13/08/03 at 21:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Theres a speed camera sign at the top of my village, but my village has no speed camera.
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:53
Regular
Mike wrote:
i will never speed again probably never set foot in a
> car again,
What if you pull some bird and the only place (for some random reason) you can nail her is in the back of a car?!
Dude!
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Selected"
hiya mike
Wed 13/08/03 at 19:53
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There is a sign with a camera logo just outside my village, which is really annoying because people drive really slow past my street which makes it bloody hard to cross the road beause traffic builds up. All the "camera" actually is is one of those signs that flash the speed limit at you if you goo over the speed limit. They don't actually take your picture. It's also really anoying if the drivers don' see the sign but the see the sign which flashes at you if you exceed teh speed limit, because they crawl along at the end of my street, which again makes it hard to cross he road or whatever, and then, as soon as they pass my street, they go bombing off down the road. It's really annoying. Why couldn't the flashing sign be just a few more hundred metres away so that the drivers have already started to bomb down the road after crawling past it, and therefore are going fast enough past my street to allow a descent gap for crossing the road or getting out in the car?!
Wed 13/08/03 at 19:04
Regular
A very fast one :D
Wed 13/08/03 at 19:01
Regular
Yeah, but what car goes 174 miles per hour?
Wed 13/08/03 at 18:57
Regular
You can also go something like 174 miles per hour which a speed camera will not be able to detect.
Wed 13/08/03 at 18:54
Regular
I used to speed every time i got into a car, but now i can't even bring myself to get in a car as i nearly knocked over a kid playing in the street, i will never speed again probably never set foot in a car again, so if any of you think it is cool to speed it is not it is very dangerous, DON'T SPEED! SPEED KILLS!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.