GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Me Please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 00:18
Regular
As some of you may be aware i was going to make a website on habbohotel, i did have a layout that i done myself but i do not like it any longer and as i am completely useless at designing things i was wondering if there was anybody out there who could design me a layout that will stand out?
Wed 13/08/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've given in.

I'm gonna redo the homepage and email it like you said.

My Dad is good mates with the head.. head... head something there so I don't think he'll steal the design!

Not going to charge either, I just want to get a nice little portfolio up and running of sites I made.

Ooooooh, I could always do a BlahPro though...
Wed 13/08/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Nowadays I always try to keep copies of the original index pages, just so I have a record for nostagia (a laugh)
Wed 13/08/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
phi11ip wrote:

>
> I'm not gonna bother looking for stuff to do. There's one site for a
> small solicitors that sponsor my dads football team that I was gonna
> redo but I can't think of a nice way of saying, "Can I remake
> your site, it's crap at the moment."

My friend just does it the other way round; redesigns just the home page, then gets in touch with them and says "I had a spare couple of hours and thought I would come up with a few ideas for your website....."

Obviously sometimes they say get lost, other times they say no then steal some of his ideas and sometimes they say yes.

There is obviously a copyright issue, with using company names/logo's etc(especially with a firm of Solicitors) so be careful.

Speaking of football teams, another friend of mine created a Access Database for his footbal team (currently in the 3rd Division) and it contained all player details such as ages, fitness levels, injuries, 400m times etc etc etc etc etc. (bit like a mini CV). He sold it to them for a one off fee of £750 and a season ticket, not bad for a weeks spare time effort.
Wed 13/08/03 at 14:31
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> I put my site together in a couple of days (and it shows!) don't need
> anything flash at moment, no harm in starting with something basic
> and improving it as you learn/get the time.

Exactly.

Considering what I used to have as my site and what I have now, I'm pretty impressed with myself...

Still got a long way to go before I can make anything really good though. Playing about with this MySQL stuff at the moment, it's doing my head in!
Wed 13/08/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I put my site together in a couple of days (and it shows!) don't need anything flash at moment, no harm in starting with something basic and improving it as you learn/get the time.
Wed 13/08/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oooooh.

After reading Miserablemans post twice I realised that you were talking to me!

I'm not gonna bother looking for stuff to do. There's one site for a small solicitors that sponsor my dads football team that I was gonna redo but I can't think of a nice way of saying, "Can I remake your site, it's crap at the moment."
Wed 13/08/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I keep trying to make my anime site at www.animenews.co.uk but I suffer from an inability to do one thing for very long, hence progress is v slow.
Wed 13/08/03 at 13:42
So what do we have to do with the site after you've made it?
Well, seeing as I'll be doing it for free. I won't be giving you the site, just, let's say lending it to you. The sites will have a small link back to me at the bottom which you won't take off. Everything that I make will still belong to me so you can't go claiming things to yourself...

But then you are not really building it for them are you.
you are building it, letting them use it a little but it will actuall be yours.
They are basically just giving you ideas.
Wed 13/08/03 at 13:16
Regular
"bing bang bong"
If you are really up for it, your best bet is to go round some small local businesses and ask them if they want a website for free. Ofc they'll have to pay for the hosting, but they get to see the final site and make a decision about that before they put any money down. Your average small business manager doesn't know anything about hosting a website, except that he can't afford to, and I can't see anyone you approach turning you down if they don't already have their own site. Don't expect a great amount of co-operation from the businesses - they may well just give you a brochure or something and tell you to reproduce that online. Even so, it'll be worth more to you than the loser requests you'll get on here.
Wed 13/08/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tóm wrote:
> Phi11ip is offering this service for free so he can built up a
> portfolio of sites he has made, and get experience.

I was expecting someone with an idea for a site with some potential to email me but no, they're all a bunch of idiots...

"can i have a web sight"

Got a few others but they sound as if people just want a crappy little site and won't make anything of it...

I find it quite funny, I try and do it for free to fill my free time and get no decent requests while other people (who are worse than me!) think that they can actually charge and make a living out of it!

Oh I laugh...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.