GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hahahahahaha!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 06/07/05 at 10:15
Regular
[URL]https://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-role-playing-en&t=18245&p=1&tmp=1#post18245[/URL]

Hands up, I had no idea what the hell was different about this type of server as I presumed it was solely for questing only without the opposing faction. For the love of fresh air and to show you do leave the house, PLEASE tell me none of you play like this?

There is no forgiveness on any level, they should be burnt and left to wrinkle/swell in a bath of pigs blood.
Fri 15/07/05 at 01:01
Regular
"8==="
Emitime wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> I'm the one with the girlfriend, mate.
>
> Oh yeah me too.
>
> I don't use it in arguments to make me look cool though.
>
> 'Cause it's actually a really sad thing to do.

I only added it to get the usual suspects foaming at the mouth as usual.

Whatever.
Thu 14/07/05 at 22:55
Regular
I'm going cold turkey. =\

EDIT: Anyone for some counter strike? :D
Thu 14/07/05 at 22:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Most level 60s I've come accross are about as arrogant and ignorant as most 11yr olds I know.

Hang on...
Thu 14/07/05 at 22:46
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> I always think that lv60s are some super gamers, and that they're
> generally older, I see lower lvs as kids younger than me.

Wow. I do that :S
Thu 14/07/05 at 22:40
Regular
"\\"
Hedfix wrote:
> I'm the one with the girlfriend, mate.

Oh yeah me too.

I don't use it in arguments to make me look cool though.

'Cause it's actually a really sad thing to do.
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Dunno if this has been covered, I can't be bothered to read it all.

But:

Although I find all these rules and regulations of roleplaying really stupid, I can see what they've done. They're just expanding on how everyone sees a character as a charactre, you never think about who is behind it.

I always think that lv60s are some super gamers, and that they're generally older, I see lower lvs as kids younger than me. I never think past the character.

You think of people by their username, not what they're really called.

I still think it's strange, but there's a tiny amount of RP on every server when you look at it.
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
This entire thread puts me in mind of The Day Today road safety campaign;

"Is he cool? What about him? And what about him? Is he cool? Am I cool now? Am I? AM I?
Fri 08/07/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> How about Star Wars nerds? I've seen many a derogatory comment from
> people in the movies forum about female Star Wars fans and people who
> are into Star Trek.
-------
You're talking to somebody that wrote a 4-page word doc essay about why the new Star Wars films sucked, and got outraged about R2D2 flying.
But this is an 8-page thread that seems to involve 2 or 3 people repeatedly stressing how much they find it amusing/sad and.

Just let it go, I don't understand why people would want to do that but then no doubt I do things people would't like.
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> If you're really enthusiastic about anything you're a geek of
> somesort. :)
>
> Yup. I've always said that football fans, with their encyclopedic
> knowledge of the game, who got sold for how much, scorelines etc etc
> etc are the biggest geeks of them all.
>
> It's just the "bloke" thing to be passionate about.
> Apparently. hate the game myself

Exactly, when I wrote that I was thinking of people like John Motson. :)
Fri 08/07/05 at 19:21
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> For chrissakes, what does it matter what other people do with their
> spare time?
> Why so interested in other people? Get on with your own life and let
> others get on with theirs, I doubt anybody here is that cool - avid
> forum users that we are.

Errrr we just said it was quite amusing that people go to these kinds of lengths when playing roleplaying games. It's not like we're standing outside their houses and throwing tomatoes at their windows, or stopping them from playing Knights vs Orks in the park every weekend.

Are you trying to tell me you've never poked fun at or laughed at these kinds of people, or those of a simliar nature?

How about Star Wars nerds? I've seen many a derogatory comment from people in the movies forum about female Star Wars fans and people who are into Star Trek.

Anyway, there's certain levels of geek. I personally will admit that I have some geeky hobbies, to most people the thought of playing games online is a nerdy way to spend an evening. But meeting up in the park with your bearded girlfriend and acting out battles from Lord of the Rings?

It's up to them if they want to do it and more power to them. But it's not gonna stop me finding it amusing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.