GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manchester United - Community Sheild winners"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/08/03 at 16:21
Regular
well well
4-3 on penalties. Surely we all hoped for sudden death. Good saves by the keepers, especially Nisterooys save. Loved the Quote though

"Nisterooy, never misses a penalty"
"SAVE!"
Mon 11/08/03 at 00:08
Regular
haha typical penalties
Sun 10/08/03 at 23:42
Regular
"not dead"
Jetster wrote:
> Ruud managed a blatant dive in my opinion, no way a penalty. If there
> was contact it was very slight and he made the most of it, as per
> usual.

Yes he dived. FOR THE BALL!

The only reason he went down was to stretch for the ball.

He didn't appeal for a penalty, though he did give the referee a look that was no more than wishful thinking.

As for Djemba-Djemba's foot, it had no malice, it was just the way he struck the ball, letting his foot fly straight through it. I was fairly impressed with him though, wasn't afraid to take players on, though needs to learn not to do it when he's the last midfielder, otherwise he puts the defence at risk.

Glad Forlan banged that penalty in, I don't know how he had the nerve to take the fifth one, given how much trouble he had getting his first goal, and the amount of stick he gets when he misses a sitter. I guess it shows that he's confident though, which is a plus.

Also glad that it was Pires that had the crucial penalty saved, after claiming that he would shut Fergie up.
Sun 10/08/03 at 23:15
Regular
Henry's freekick was a good strike, but it should never have been allowed to get past the "wall"

And great too see Silvestre get man of the match for all the United fan haterz. Not to mention him accelerating ahead of Henry :D
Sun 10/08/03 at 22:00
Regular
"One More Chance"
Meh, if you got tackled by Keane you would be crying for weeks. Very much doubt you could continue with a match too.
Sun 10/08/03 at 21:53
Regular
Actually, every time Ruud takes a pen I have to go out of the room because I know he's going to miss. However, it was a great save. Howard has to be our number keeper, he won that game for us. Rushing out to Wiltord (or whoever it was) in injury time and saving two pens. He may be a Yank, but he's damn good. Also, it was great to see Keane cripple Vieira. Little French pansy.
Sun 10/08/03 at 21:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
Jeffers is a disgrace, hardly did anything in the game yet manages to get sent off. Unacceptable. In Campbell’s defence Djemba left his leg in the air (studs up) for way to long and Campbell did take it in the groin, must of hurt.

Ruud managed a blatant dive in my opinion, no way a penalty. If there was contact it was very slight and he made the most of it, as per usual.

Great save by Lehmann on Ruud's penalty and he made a good save from Solskjear's half volley shot. He had a pretty good game although he should of saved Solskjear's penalty.

Henry's goal was marvellous and Silvestre's (Sp) goal was well taken but it was poor marking from us.

On the plus we did better in the penalty shoot out than I expected, calmly taken goals from Wiltord and Lauren but Van B and Pires took poor shots that were comfortably saved by Howard.

And on a different note I can't see Chelsea finishing any better than before because you can have all the players in the world but if they don't play well together than it's a waste. Also for players to 'understand' each other on the pitch will take a couple of seasons. By 'understanding' I mean seeing players runs etc. And to top it off they are still lacking a consistent goal scorer, Jimmy is unpredictable being great one minute then playing worse football than a man with no limbs the next. Same applies with Gudjohnson (Sp).
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
This is my over View of the Match

1)Why on earth did they appiont that ref.He gave away free kicks that shouldn't have been like the one when Viera acted as if someone had blown him to pieces.What a barbydole.

2)Cole is a vuggin idiot who does he think he is trying to go kick Solkjaer in the back of the leg.I would.ve given Him a red straight way.

3)Jeffers can go suck donkey slong, how can he go and attack Nevile like that.

4)Cambell needs to calm himself down.Djemba goes for a shot at goal and Cambell goes and and kicks him.

5)Arsenal are going to the cr@per.

6)Good free kick from Hienry
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:05
Regular
i am in shock that arsenal didn't get destroyed! the fact that toure was playing centre back shows severe weakness at the back, lauren was crap....again. Lehman had dodgy positioning, Palour was unremarkable. It will be a two horse race this season...........man utd and chelsea
Sun 10/08/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
£2 Million - £3 Million i think
Sun 10/08/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Oops..."
plasticcoated wrote:
> Campbell should've been at least booked for that little kick on Djemba
> Djemba, and Cole should've been sent off for kicking Solskjear in the
> first half.
> Ruud missing a penalty?! Its the end of an era.

Yeah I agree with plasticcoated on this one, and I was very impressed with Tim Howard especially! How much did united buy him for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.