GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kazaa timewasters"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/07/03 at 23:11
Regular
Don't you just HATE people who waste your time with large, wrongly-named files?

For the last 6 hours or so, I've had "2Fast 2Furious" and "Terminator 3" downloading from Kazaa. "T3" is still going, but "2Fast 2Furious" finished a short time ago.

Only it's not "2Fast 2Furious", it's some crud called "Dazed and Confused".

What on Earth possesses people to waste not only the time of the downloaders, but also their own bandwidth?

And before anyone starts about piracy, I *will* be buying the DVDs when they are available!
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:05
Regular
Kazza Lite comes with AVI Preview as one of its tools. Very useful for time wasters.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:11
"High polygon count"
I've got Kazaa Lite, but have never bothered with AVI preview. This is only the 2nd/3rd time I've ever tried downloading movies - I usually only use it for MP3s. I usually just start them downloading and wait until they finish, and - oddly - I didn't know the preview thing would play incomplete AVIs!

I assumed that AVIs couldn't be played if they weren't complete, because most other players I've used won't do it - they will with MPGs, but not AVIs!

I'll go check T3 now...

Oh, one other amusing thing... a number of the "2Fast 2Furious" files have "Artist" set as "Van Diesel" - not only is it spelt wrong, but he isn't even in it!!!
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:15
"High polygon count"
Well, T3 was Ocean's Eleven.

Wonderful!
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:16
Regular
Heh!

We must have downloaded off the same guy. My Fast and Furious 2 was Rush Hour.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:42
"High polygon count"
Just been looking at a site linked from the Kazaa Lite 'Web' page - http://www.fasttrackmovies.com - that could be very useful!

Still, that does it for me for tonight - can't be bothered with any more tonight.

I'm off to bed to watch Solaris.

TTFN
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:20
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
If you check the filename before downloading you can usually pick up 50% of the mis-named films, I downloaded three films last weekend, only one was what it was supposed to be :(
Seems to be a more common problem wth new releases because they know those are the films in demand.
Fri 01/08/03 at 02:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
Wookie, whats your email, I'll let you in on a good secret.

;) or just email me. [email protected]

hehe.
Fri 01/08/03 at 09:25
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Use the AVI Preview utility which should have come with Kazza Lite, once you have about 10mb you can watch a bit of the download before it's finished.
Fri 01/08/03 at 10:18
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I hate it when your downloading and when its finally done its totally different. Its annoying.
Fri 01/08/03 at 11:36
"High polygon count"
er-no wrote:
> Wookie, whats your email, I'll let you in on a good secret.

[email protected]

Hit me with it!

(And please, no-one add me to MSN... you'll only be blocked!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.