GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kazaa timewasters"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/07/03 at 23:11
Regular
Don't you just HATE people who waste your time with large, wrongly-named files?

For the last 6 hours or so, I've had "2Fast 2Furious" and "Terminator 3" downloading from Kazaa. "T3" is still going, but "2Fast 2Furious" finished a short time ago.

Only it's not "2Fast 2Furious", it's some crud called "Dazed and Confused".

What on Earth possesses people to waste not only the time of the downloaders, but also their own bandwidth?

And before anyone starts about piracy, I *will* be buying the DVDs when they are available!
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:11
"High polygon count"
Don't you just HATE people who waste your time with large, wrongly-named files?

For the last 6 hours or so, I've had "2Fast 2Furious" and "Terminator 3" downloading from Kazaa. "T3" is still going, but "2Fast 2Furious" finished a short time ago.

Only it's not "2Fast 2Furious", it's some crud called "Dazed and Confused".

What on Earth possesses people to waste not only the time of the downloaders, but also their own bandwidth?

And before anyone starts about piracy, I *will* be buying the DVDs when they are available!
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:13
Regular
"Selected"
people get a higer particpation rate (or something) the more people there are that download from them. This results in some, unknown to me, desired effect.
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:14
Regular
PIRATE!
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:15
Regular
They are ass holes.

I asked one of them if it was the correct file name and he replied:

"no its something else"

Why the hell not re-name the bloody file then?! Films like Fast and Furious 2 and Terminator 3 are only on there in a select few. The majority are bull.
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:17
Regular
I remember downloading a song which was titled "Oasis - Roll with it"

When I played it - It was just some

"la la la cherry cola la la la"
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:25
Regular
"Selected"
lola
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Dazed and Confused is supposed to be pretty good, perhaps you should watch it anyway. Terminator 3 is pretty damn cool, though.

And I think a large portion of fake files you find on the net are placed there by official sources - bands' management, movie studios etc. flood places like Kazaa with phoney files to dissuade people from downloading illegally. The hassle I went through trying to find Matrix Reloaded put me off finding new movies for sure.
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:33
"High polygon count"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> And I think a large portion of fake files you find on the net are
> placed there by official sources

Sounds very plausible.

Of course, lower pricing, removal of region coding and universal release dates would be far more successful measures!
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:50
Regular
"That's right!"
Many fake MP3s (with beeps etc) are placed by record companies. Bah.

But when it comes to films, I too have tried downloading ones I want to see, either after the cinema, or to see if they're any good (wanted to check out Tomb Raider for free in case I would be wasting money... and I was right to do so) and I nearly always end up with crap stuff like a romantic comedy or a five year old film. Makes me sick.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Download a program called AVI Preview (I'm fairly sure that's what it's called) and you can watch unfinished .avi files you're downloading from Kazaa to check what they are.

Better yet, ditch Kazaa altogether and use Kazaa Lite - it comes with AVI Preview as well as being spyware-free.

Personally I have no problems with the idea of downloading movies. For example, I've been to see X-Men 2 and The Matrix Reloaded 3 times each and have decent copies of them on my PC yet I still have them both pre-ordered on DVD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.