GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Being Told You're Going To Die... Then Not."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/07/03 at 17:32
Regular
I can't remember the exact details of this, but it's the general idea of it that's important.

There was this guy once, not too long ago, who felt extremely ill, so went to his GP, as you do.
He was informed by his GP that he may have a life threatining disease of somesorts, Cancer or something, I can't remember, and that he should go to a hostpital.

He did, and the doctors etc were 98% sure he'd die very soon, and that there was no way they could stop this, or add time to the short period of life. Something like 1 month to 2.

So what did this man do?

He took all his savings, life savings, money from the bank, all the money he had, and spent it. He lived alone, and had no immediate relatives whom he thought he should pass any money on to if I remember rightly, so there was no worry of leaving money behind.

He spent every single penny he had.

He went on a luxury cruise, went on several holidays in a short period of time, and generally treated himself to the most luxurious things imaginable.

When he arrived home from a ludicrously expensive cruise around the world, he found a letter at his home. It had the NHS stamp on it, so obviously from the hospital or something.

Inside it, he was told he should immediately go to his GP for information on what he had.

So he did.

It turned out that he was perfectly fit, and all he had wassomething minor.

Not life threataning at all.
Perfectly cureable.

How the hell can you mistake a fatal disease for nothing?
Jesus.

Wonderful wonderful health service.
Sun 27/07/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I can't remember the exact details of this, but it's the general idea of it that's important.

There was this guy once, not too long ago, who felt extremely ill, so went to his GP, as you do.
He was informed by his GP that he may have a life threatining disease of somesorts, Cancer or something, I can't remember, and that he should go to a hostpital.

He did, and the doctors etc were 98% sure he'd die very soon, and that there was no way they could stop this, or add time to the short period of life. Something like 1 month to 2.

So what did this man do?

He took all his savings, life savings, money from the bank, all the money he had, and spent it. He lived alone, and had no immediate relatives whom he thought he should pass any money on to if I remember rightly, so there was no worry of leaving money behind.

He spent every single penny he had.

He went on a luxury cruise, went on several holidays in a short period of time, and generally treated himself to the most luxurious things imaginable.

When he arrived home from a ludicrously expensive cruise around the world, he found a letter at his home. It had the NHS stamp on it, so obviously from the hospital or something.

Inside it, he was told he should immediately go to his GP for information on what he had.

So he did.

It turned out that he was perfectly fit, and all he had wassomething minor.

Not life threataning at all.
Perfectly cureable.

How the hell can you mistake a fatal disease for nothing?
Jesus.

Wonderful wonderful health service.
Sun 27/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That story was used on a recent episode of casualty.
Sun 27/07/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ha.

Well I don't watch Casualty.
Because it's crap.

Oh yeah, discuss what you'd have done from there if you'd just been told that infact, you're not going to die.

I'm sure we can expect a barrage of "id git myee shootgunn owt den id keel em oll!!!!!1111" and the likes.
Sun 27/07/03 at 17:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Casualty is quality.

Some of the effects are really convincing.

Although ER is better.
Sun 27/07/03 at 17:52
Regular
"Plate of glue"
No wonder we don't have to pay foer the NHS! Did he get compensation?
Sun 27/07/03 at 18:52
"Mimmargh!"
CGJ wrote:
> No wonder we don't have to pay foer the NHS!

We do you buffoon. Its called taxation.

.LOL.
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't know what's more funny

The fact that he thinks nobody pays tax or the fact he thinks people should get compensation from a completely 'free' service.
Sun 27/07/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The real question here is how he managed to see a NHS doctor so quickly, what's his secret :D
Sun 27/07/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Light of the world"
Wonderful wonderful health service..

The same service that put my mum in a mental hospital when they did not know what caused her to suddenly become paralysed - they called it paranoia the same old chestnut they use for most things they dont knwo of..

NICE!
Sun 27/07/03 at 21:01
If i was told faulse information like that i would sue the NHS or summin...
Thats just not on...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.