GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Being Told You're Going To Die... Then Not."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/07/03 at 17:32
Regular
I can't remember the exact details of this, but it's the general idea of it that's important.

There was this guy once, not too long ago, who felt extremely ill, so went to his GP, as you do.
He was informed by his GP that he may have a life threatining disease of somesorts, Cancer or something, I can't remember, and that he should go to a hostpital.

He did, and the doctors etc were 98% sure he'd die very soon, and that there was no way they could stop this, or add time to the short period of life. Something like 1 month to 2.

So what did this man do?

He took all his savings, life savings, money from the bank, all the money he had, and spent it. He lived alone, and had no immediate relatives whom he thought he should pass any money on to if I remember rightly, so there was no worry of leaving money behind.

He spent every single penny he had.

He went on a luxury cruise, went on several holidays in a short period of time, and generally treated himself to the most luxurious things imaginable.

When he arrived home from a ludicrously expensive cruise around the world, he found a letter at his home. It had the NHS stamp on it, so obviously from the hospital or something.

Inside it, he was told he should immediately go to his GP for information on what he had.

So he did.

It turned out that he was perfectly fit, and all he had wassomething minor.

Not life threataning at all.
Perfectly cureable.

How the hell can you mistake a fatal disease for nothing?
Jesus.

Wonderful wonderful health service.
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Selected"
Skorp1on wrote:
> (which happened to this car crash
> victim in a vegetative state, who the doctors thought was dead)

this sounds like a myth - the doctors would have noticed him breathing easily.

"this man.....he's dead"
*GASP*
Tue 29/07/03 at 02:48
Regular
"8==="
DébUK wrote:
> Artíste wrote:
> [whinging about stuff]
>
He made a persuasive argument.
Mon 28/07/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
People in a vegetative state must hear nurses and doctors discussing whether they think they will die or not. It must be really awful to hear someone say your already dead, (which happened to this car crash victim in a vegetative state, who the doctors thought was dead) you would try to tell the doctors you were alive, but cannot speak or move etc.

*shudders* Never again...
Mon 28/07/03 at 18:22
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Indeed, people in general are very quick to accuse when they have no grasp of the facts or complications of the issue.

"OMGF TEH SHUTTEL BLEW UP NASA AR CRAP LOLOLOL IM GONNA SU!!!!!!1111"
Mon 28/07/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Artíste wrote:
> [whinging about stuff]

Be thankful you don't live in a country where there is no health service (ie. you get ill= you recover naturally or die), not even primary school education, a military who persecute you and where other services are non-existant.

OR *gasp* there is NO INTERNET!

There are people queuing up to enter the UK. If you don't like it, let one of them take your place! It just annoys me when people spend their time whinging when they do not realise how lucky they are!
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I meant he thought it was free and therefore don't pay tax. I was trying to point out that he thinks he should get compensation for something completely free.

Ah, feck it.
Mon 28/07/03 at 10:23
Regular
I'd probably find it hard to tell anyone, go quite insane, do a lot of things I regret, and when I find out that I'm going to live, probably develop some sort of mental trauma, say amnesia, then spend the next few years trying to work out what happened and after breaking down more times than I've had bowls of ice cream eventually come to terms to everything, but never be completely healed.

But I dunno.
Mon 28/07/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I don't know what's more funny
>
> The fact that he thinks nobody pays tax or the fact he thinks people
> should get compensation from a completely 'free' service.

Given that the NHS isn't free BECAUSE we pay tax, why should people not be entitles to compensation?

Other "free" services include:

Police - they accuse you of, and convict you for murder, you do three years before your appeal finally overturns the verdict. Do you think you should be entitled to compensation?

Military - You're accidentally shot as a military exercise strays close to your neighbourhood, your leg has to be amputated at the knee. Should you be entitled to compensation?

Education - Your teachers, against their supposed professionalism, single you out and rather than try to teach you, keep you from learning anything and at 16, push you out into the world a bullied and uninformed retard. Compensation?

All services, regardless of whether or not you pay for them, should meet certain standards, and if they fail to meet those standards, causing somebody else some disadvantage, that service should be made to compensate those people.
Mon 28/07/03 at 00:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
DébUK wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> If i was told faulse information like that i would sue the NHS or
> summin...
> Thats just not on...
>
> And bleed the NHS out of even more money? sure, it was a bad mistake,
> but I would just be happy that I wasn't going to die after all.

Oh come on, i would rather die than live a life where i had ABSOLUTELY nothing.
Sun 27/07/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Hmmm....."
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> If i was told faulse information like that i would sue the NHS or
> summin...
> Thats just not on...

And bleed the NHS out of even more money? sure, it was a bad mistake, but I would just be happy that I wasn't going to die after all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.