GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'My husband's beaten me up and I havent got enough for the bus'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
I had just dismounted the bus and was about to embark on a leisurely stroll back to my house. So, I was wandering, just minding my own business and a woman walks up to me and says, in a slurred voice:

'My husband's beaten me up and I havent got enough for the bus, could you spare any money'

So! Was she lying, or was she telling the truth? I know you get people doing this in town centres, but this was in a residential area...

If she was lying- how dare she? Using emotional blackmail like that to get me to give up my (not so hard earned) money. She didn't look beaten up, and surely she could ring 999?

If she was telling the truth- I might just go and slit my wrists now as I am obviously a cold-hearted cow who couldn't give her £1 for the bus!
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:56
Regular
"RVD V1.0"
you should of told her to screw the milkman...he he he he he he
Sun 27/07/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There used to be a woman in our area who'd strap her baby to her back each morning, grab an empty petrol can on her way out, then go and stand at busy traffic junctions asking drivers if they could spare £5 as she'd ran out of petrol. Eventually she got arrested for it. Wonder how much money she made doing it?
Sun 27/07/03 at 09:20
Regular
Normally it's a ply to get the bus. It's best just to let someone else pay them, just say you have no money.
Sun 27/07/03 at 02:17
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Miserableman wrote:
> real to deal with

*losers
Sun 27/07/03 at 02:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Far, far, far worse than the tramps in Brighton are the vesties - those ****tards that work for Scope, Cancer Research, Save the Disabled Lesbians or whatever other charities there are. They stand there in their dayglo vests, try to catch your eye and actively try and stop you walking past. I always use the excuse that I'm late for work so I can't stop, which more often than not is the case, but they try and stop me about 25% of the time I walk past, which is every day on the way to work.

My job is to train people in basic computer skills, and we get some real to deal with, in particular this one chap recently who was once homeless but got himself off the streets. That tore up my last vestige of sympathy towards homeless people - if he can beat it, absolutely anyone can.

Besides, if I want to get a couple of miles down the road, I fooking walk and so should they :O/
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
DébUK wrote:

> Wow, I didn't know you lived near Wolvo-

Yea whitmore reans area, i'm one of the few who won't steal your car while you're still in it from that area :D

I had just got off the bus
> from Wolverhampton after my job interview there! You do got people
> asking you for 'bus money' a lot up there!
>
> Seriously- this job you went for wasn't at the same place as me was
> it?!

No i was at Zenith force advertising although my friend is working for Arcedia at the moment but he's quitting soon
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Oh yeah- the job was at a place called 'Arcedia Direct' (good for nothing, Deb rejecting company!
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I had a guy who came up to me and said "I was out drinking last night, i lost my cards and I need to get the train home to Upminster, can you lend me some money"

If i was rich I'd brought him the ticket, stuck him on the train and waved bubuy to the nice con artist. : D
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Hmmm....."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Get it all the time when i'm up town in Wolverhampton and on my way to
> work. I just walk past them but if i'm annoyed at the time i'll just
> walk past and tell them to get a job or something like that. I have no
> time for scroungers, i earn my money through hard work they should do
> the same.

Wow, I didn't know you lived near Wolvo- I had just got off the bus from Wolverhampton after my job interview there! You do got people asking you for 'bus money' a lot up there!

Seriously- this job you went for wasn't at the same place as me was it?!
Sat 26/07/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Mummy says she wants to die"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.